Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scotchgard?

Ray-Vigo

New in Town
I have a Litefelt crushable fedora that I use for foul weather in the fall and winter. I treated it with Scotchgard liberally last year. Does anyone know if I need to re-treat each year or if I'm good to go this year.

Ray-Vigo

New in Town
Well I've got a couple fur felt fedoras, but this hat is my knock-around bad weather hat. I did a quick re-spray tonight, I suppose given the nasty rain we'll have here the rest of the week it could use a retouch. Hopefully I'm set.

Goose.

Practically Family
Well, I'm glad that within the less than an hour since your original post that you went ahead and did what was probably needed anyway. Glad I could help ;)

Hey IC, nice avatar BTW. :eusa_clap

4and1

One of the Regulars
I'd suggest you go with one of the fur felts when it rains. They were born in water. Water made them what they are. They can take it.

The recent storm here in CA reminded me of how good a wet fur felt smells. Who's with me on that!

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
4and1 said:
I'd suggest you go with one of the fur felts when it rains. They were born in water. Water made them what they are. They can take it.

The recent storm here in CA reminded me of how good a wet fur felt smells. Who's with me on that!

Yeah, I decided to torture test my Fed IV heritage felt and although I soaked it majorly that night, 48 hours later you couldn't tell it was ever outside of my house.

Ray-Vigo

New in Town
4and1 said:

Interesting point-- maybe I'll give one of the fur felt hats a go tomorrow (more showers/rain I hear). I'd had a black Stetson develop spots (they looked like dirt or grease almost) from being out in the rain. I wonder if DC rain somehow is dirtier or more corrupted than it is elsewhere. Maybe I'll try the Jaxon I have-- it's fur felt but not bad for the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn