Scouting anyone?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Spitfire, Oct 25, 2007.

1. North American Sojouner

North American Sojouner New in Town

So good to see a Scouting Section. I have to admit it was the Campaign Hat that got me interested in Hats. Glad to be here.
    Eagle Scout, Woodbadge, OA, SM, CM
    Zim

BobHufford likes this.
  2. Edward

Edward Bartender

Wish we'd had something as cool as a campaign hat. While we loved being 'different' (being in a coastal village, we were one of a very tiny number of Troops designated as 'Sea Scouts'), the dorky Sailor Hat was alwaYS a pain.

3. Tiki Tom

Tiki Tom One Too Many

Not quite “scouting”, but I was in the Civil Air Patrol youth wing. We wore khaki uniforms and garrison caps. I was a geek and thought it was cool; especially because I always aced the aviation history quiz questions.

4. 1961MJS

1961MJS My Mail is Forwarded Here

I was in Scouts in the 1970's and we had those silly looking red berets (which I never purchased). We also had ball caps which wasn't that bad. I own a campaign hat now, but haven't done any scouting in 4-5 years now.
    Later

5. Edward

Edward Bartender

If I was a leader now, I'd be tempted to buy one and give it my best R Lee Emery.... :D

I remember those red berets from an episode(? Or was it the movie-length pilot that told the same story as the full-length of Season One?) of Battlestar Galactica where they take the kids to Earth for the first time and, misunderstanding the local culture, end up uniforming them asscouts when thery go looking to buy 'earth clothes' for them. Scouts in the UK & Ireland (apart from the three or so Sea Scout troops with our dorky sailr hats) wore green berets, I think they still do. We did once pitch a uniform redesign to our troop leaders, but it was considered to be "too paramilitary". Which mattered in Norhtern Ireland in the eighties! ;)

6. GJ nord

GJ nord Familiar Face

7. North American Sojouner

North American Sojouner New in Town