Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Search-light on your fav A-2 flight jackets!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Get those babies out of the "Wild Blue Yonder" of your closet gentlement ..!!

(and any closet WASPs out there - ie: the gals who ferried the aircraft from factories/airfields in WWII) and flash us abit of true blue vintage A2 USAAF rawhide (fav original or fav to-die-for repro!).

And just share with us WHY you love that mama so much (plus, it's all good info for any newbies who might be thinking of getting an A2).

I love the smell of A2 leather in the morning...it smells (mmmm!) of VICTORY!

So..I'll start you off, who's A2 is big, bad, brash, ballsy and bold enough to be on Paddy's Crew over the Ruhr..?

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
As for the repro...

It's an Aero horside hide (oiled) that has been beaten around abit, just like its owner (LOL..!).
The one in the avatar is my own original Size 40, 1942 Aero HH, with the Wee Willie squadron patch (how appropriate I hear you cry!! steady gentlemen). More pics on the link down below for my gallery.

Now I've shown you mine, don't be shy, get them out on the parade ground!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just a tad better photo of the repro Aero A-2

Sorry guys, the other pic didn't do this justice, so I'll try again here, a nice little breezy beach shot (sadly not BayWatch by any realms of the imagination!...(Aero oiled Horse Hide, vintage distressed seal colour with berry knits). This oiled leather is not oily, but the treatmen locks in the natural animal oils and this leather just seems to age and gain patina so well in not a very long period of time! I like Aero, because the 'cut' of the jacket is slim fitting, like the originals (they have loads of originals to work off!). Plus the leather is tough, durable and you can throw this beaut around without fear of ripping the guts out of it! I have gardened and offroaded in this thing, it takes the punches, bounces back and shouts, "hit me harder!"

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Speedy recovery Mike!

Hope you get better soon my friend! Also, let me know if/when you might be going to the Flying Legends at Duxford this year (I'll be posting something on VLJ-II and T20-C nearer the time to get a head count), as I really enjoyed meeting up with a few forum friends last year. Maybe could then meet for a bite to eat or a pint in THE EAGLE, which was a big fav with off duty USAAF and RAF aircrew based near Cambridge (UK).
Looking forward to a few pics of the ol' A2's in your closet! Come out of the closet Mikey, you know you want to!!

MikeyB17

One of the Regulars
Cheers Paddy,

Still feeling like death warmed up today, but will get some pix together when I'm back up and running. The poor old Eastman has been in the cupboard ever since Christmas when the Aero 42-15142-P arrived-boy that smooth horse is taking some wearing in! Hmmm, Duxford, now that sounds like a good idea. I'll look into it....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24