Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sears Christmas 1945

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Neat, for some reason, it didn't seem like the whole catalog... seemed to be shy a 100 pages or so... missing all the men's clothing section... and many other things.

It's still really neat, good scans and well presented! Hope they do all the years... how neat would it be to have all the 20's to the 50's catalogs saved in the net like that?

Thanks for sharing!

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Forgotten Man said:
Neat, for some reason, it didn't seem like the whole catalog... seemed to be shy a 100 pages or so... missing all the men's clothing section... and many other things.
This is the "Wishbook" catalog, which isn't their full catalog. It has mainly a lot of gift suggestions for the holiday season. I did see some men's clothing there, but not many pages of that category...

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
KilroyCD said:
This is the "Wishbook" catalog, which isn't their full catalog. It has mainly a lot of gift suggestions for the holiday season. I did see some men's clothing there, but not many pages of that category...
Lots of swell ties,...and at modern thrift store prices.
I was kinda surprised at how expensive some things were, like the photo enlargers for instance.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Maj.Nick Danger said:
Lots of swell ties,...and at modern thrift store prices.
I was kinda surprised at how expensive some things were, like the photo enlargers for instance.
The price of the Speed Graphic camera at $159 floored me, and the whole kit (which I have) was $359. I didn't think a camera outfit could cost so much in 1945. For many, that was several month's wages.:eek:

Doh!

One Too Many
This is an awesome site. I'm having deja vu upon seeing some of these catalogues, especially the toy sections.

Julian

New in Town
Mike in Seattle said:
It's right there on page 206...

Thanks! I couldn't find the address.

I went ahead and mailed in my order to Sears and Roebuck, 14 Kansas City, MO using this old postage stamp
0927.jpg
that the creepy street peddler gave me (he said it was "just what I needed") and this morning all my packages arrived!

I'm making tea with the kettle from page 185 right now!

:D

Foofoogal

Banned
Love this link.
In the 1955 Speigel I want the pink slip on shoes bad on page 143. The India inspired outfits on page 129 are also amazing.

The Swank page on page 33 was neat and I was amazed that Spiegel had 5 pages of guns. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy