Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sears Oakbrook Cafe Racer 1960s-Size 42?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Very cool, but too small for me Oakbrook Cafe Racer. These jackets are pretty scarce. I've only seen a couple. I don't think they are even in the Sears catalog.

The leather is in good shape as is the lining. Main zip is a very nice Talon and works fine. One sleeve zipper is missing teeth but does close. See the Video.

I just don't have a Cafe Racer body, too thick in the middle.

Great one for the Cafe Collectors as I have only seen a couple of others.

Picture Album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/96KJJZceYbvqsAdg7

Price: $125 shipped in Conus
Don't hesitate, it will be gone

DSC03929.JPG
DSC03930.JPG
DSC03939.JPG

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Didn't say much about the pedigree of this jacket, didn't take much to sell it. I started thread, History of Sears MC jackets and this jacket was posted by @Monitor. I had commented on the lack of "Cafe Racer" jackets in the Sears Catalogs. I don't even think this jacket is catalogued. It has the early Oakbrook label, c. 1963 as pictured. The Talon zipper is a beast. The overall design seems unique and interesting, but there are so many Cafe Racers out there. I don't recall seeing more than a handful, if that. So, actually in the context of Sears Oakbrook jackets it seems to be pretty rare.

I have no idea who made these jackets. The early labeled Oakbrook jackets are often very nice quality. They made a variety of garments under this label. Oakbrook quality declines and phases into "The Mens' Shop" "The Leather Shop" other labels like that.

In the case of this rare jacket I got a good deal and so did the
buyer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails