Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seattle +/- 100 miles Roll Call 2012 (almost)

Barbigirl

Practically Family
A cute little head bartender told me there has been quite an influx of Pacific Northwesterners coming into our midst. I might be getting into the mind set to plan some get togethers, so speak up and tell me about your Fedora Lounge related interest and locations.

Also, on the horizon, I am applying to be a living history presenter at the Boeing Museum of Flight with a vintage flair, so I would like to hear if anyone in the neighborhood would be interested in that.

Barbigirl
Mahagonny Bill
Tenuki

Last edited:

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
Tenuki and I are on Queen Anne Hill in Seattle. We don't live in the past, but we like to incorporate 30's and 40's style in our day-today life. We would both come to a FL event if scheduling permits. We also take any excuse to get out to the MoF, so you can count on us to come out to support ya.

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Hi Bill,
Glad to see you are still about. I'm with you, I often wear vintage accessories or components but I rarely go all out vintage unless it is a special occasion. Will keep you posted.

Tenuki and I are on Queen Anne Hill in Seattle. We don't live in the past, but we like to incorporate 30's and 40's style in our day-today life. We would both come to a FL event if scheduling permits. We also take any excuse to get out to the MoF, so you can count on us to come out to support ya.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
I'm still around, but with a toddler in the house I mostly lurk these days. I don't really wear vintage anymore, either. Keep me in the loop, though!

Well, I'm still around. Like y'all, I rarely do the full-on vintage drag thing (although a vintage suit kinda begs for the look to be faithfully completed), but I like to work elements into my everyday attire. And I very rarely step out without a hat atop my shiny head.

Me, I'd gladly take in an event at the Museum of Flight. Might I also suggest a look into what the City of Destiny (aka Tacoma) has to offer? Couple of cool museums there, and an antiques row (lots of vintage attire in a couple of those shops), and some really cool old theaters and such. Maybe even handlebar bart (where ya been, Ed?) might come out of hiding for something like that, seeing how he lives there and all.

p51

One Too Many
If you went through with this or spend time there, you’ve run into Alice by now, I assume? She’s in my living history group (tell her Lee says ‘hi’). I live halfway between Seattle and Portland get up there when I can as I have a membership for the museum. I’ve often thought of looking into this myself as I have everything that an Army pilot from WW2 would have and use (see photo below) as well as a massive collection of US WW2 stuff. But having done events at other museums over several years, I don’t think I’d like doing the same place with any regularity unless it’s a special event. It really does get old after a while. And the drive gets old, as at one point I used to live in Olympia and drove all the way to West Lake Union every single day to work (thank God I took a job way south of there!) and I don’t want to drive that far, that many times.

LeeInP51-1.jpg

Barbigirl

Practically Family
I have met Alice and have been emailing with her. I can't wait to get to know her better. Next time I see her I will mention you said HI.

And that sounds like a hideous commute, I am doing Tacoma to Snoqualmie these days.

p51

One Too Many
Ooh, that’s a gnarly commute to say the least, especially these days!

Ask Alice about the group we all belong to if you’re really interested in doing military living history events with “The Friends of Willie and Joe,” which has members all over the Puget Sound and into Oregon. We dabble in other time periods as well but mostly do WW2 displays. Our largest event is the Olympic Airshow in Olympia every Father’s Day weekend. Alice shows up for that every year. There has been a minor splitting into other time periods (Alice has gotten big in WW1 in recent years and myself and a few guys did a lot of Desert Storm displays last year) but generally we’re mostly into the WW2 stuff. Alice has one of the best collections of women’s service uniforms I’ve ever seen in private hands anywhere in the world and she’s only been collecting for less than a decade. Here are some shots of some of our events over the years. Alice is in more than a few of these shots:

4thParadeGroup2010.jpg

Check out Alice’s car to the left of my Jeep!

4thLineup.jpg

OlyAirshowLayout.jpg

FOWJ_4-081.jpg

Alice is the first female from the left in this shot, with an “Ike” jacket on. I’m in the background, two people to the left over holding up my Tommy gun:

groupshotOly07.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21