Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seattle bettie page mural

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
http://www.nbc30.com/news/9936672/d...l=har_12pm&tmi=har_12pm_1_11000309262006&ts=H

Seattle man has Bettie Page mural painted on his home
no one complains
Strategically censored by a roof beam.
9936506_400X300.jpg

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
I wonder where he got that idea? Reminds me of the vintage murals the owners of auto body shops used to paint on the sides of their businesses in the 1940's, 50's and 60's.

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Mike in Seattle said:
Yep, we've driven by a few times. It hasn't been up too long, and I'm sure the complaints will start rolling in now that it's starting to get more media coverage.

North of Seattle that you can see from I-5? Where is it Mike?

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Going north on I-5, it's along the exit for 65th - so the house is actually somewhere about 50th/55th. Paul's been driving past it daily heading up to the theatre or pre-term staff meetings at school, and I've run a few errands up that way as well.

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Mike in Seattle said:
Going north on I-5, it's along the exit for 65th - so the house is actually somewhere about 50th/55th. Paul's been driving past it daily heading up to the theatre or pre-term staff meetings at school, and I've run a few errands up that way as well.

Thanks Mike, I am curious to take a drive and check out in real life.

LuckyKat

Practically Family
That is pretty tacky, & although I wouldn't do it on my house...its an expression of art.

I just checked out this HBO movie last weekend called "The Notorious Bettie Page" & its about her life. I enjoyed it & thought it was well done...anyone else seen it?