Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Second oldest person in the world survives COVID.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Since the 'coronavirus" thread appears to have been removed I'm obliged to do this. :D
Anyway, a retired nun in the south of France, who at 116 years young, was tested positive for COVID on january 16th (2021) has been given a clear bill of health. Residing in an old folk's home for nuns, she was immediately isolated after being diagnosed. What's more, Sister André was asymptomatic. Having spent most of the time confined to her room without seeing anyone nor attending masses, she said she suffered from the isolation & the sense of uselessness more than anything else.
She will be celebrating her 117th birthday in 2 days time (11th)

upload_2021-2-9_12-33-8.jpeg

https://www.cnews.fr/france/2021-02...-la-doyenne-francaise-des-europeens-vaincu-le

I know what you're asking..."Whose the oldest person in the world then?" well, she's a Japanese lady named, Kane Tanaka who was born on the 2nd january, 1903

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Wonderful. God bless Sister Andre.

Thanks for initiating this thread. I noticed the ukulele/orgy/newspaper thread had flown away.
I contributed my share of sin therein though viral eclectic mitosis seems uncontrollable.;)

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Amen. I guess the old “How is Corona Virus affecting you?” Thread was too hot to handle. Obviously pandemic response is too political. So, yes, God bless Sister Andre.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Amen. I guess the old “How is Corona Virus affecting you?” Thread was too hot to handle. Obviously pandemic response is too political. So, yes, God bless Sister Andre.

The Paris orgy story I kicked in to keep the thread on track. Wear a mask, wrap that rascal.
I guess the real issue there was social distancing, c'est la vie. Two outta three ain't bad.
Admit here and now that the ukulele comments wiped me out like a curler off Kaneohe.
A surfer beach bum, basically waves and wahinnies, never a beach crowd mandoleer.
So, I kicked in what I could. And I think I'll get a ukulele.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I thought the thread had become irrelevant since the virus has now been vanquished. :D
During her birthday party yesterday, sister André was reported to have said; "I think God has forgotten about me down here !"

Well, I have to admire her sense of humor. I imagine that if I was 117 years old, I’d be grumpy as hell. :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner