Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

set failures?

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
I hope I'm not tempting fate by replying - I've got a hair appointment in a couple of hours ;-D

This past week, my pin curl sets don't turn into a nice 30s style and my theory is my hair's too long. I was here looking for some 30s hair photos to take to my stylist and got sidetracked by this thread. Even though not 30s looking, it looked pretty cute, so I have been brushing it out and wearing it as it. When I get the frizzies, there was a comment in the chat about pin curls to use V-05 Hairdressing. It works like a dream for me, though I have to caution you to use a very very small amount, otherwise it looks like your 3 days past a hair washing.

Penny Dreadful

One of the Regulars
I recently got some ionic hot rollers from Conair, and they have been a godsend for failed sets. The big thing for me is that unlike a curling iron they somehow manage to not undo the curls that DID work, so you keep the tightness and don't feel like you completely wasted your time. Instead they just even things out and quickly curl the hair that failed. I had to use them today and you would never have known what a disaster I woke up with!

LandGirl1980

New in Town
I would always go for an updo. Formal or saturday round the shops. If it is a saturday round the shops then I would usually casualize (i am aware that is not a word...) with a rolled headscarf. Or - just regular rolls and a headscarf all over if it is mega bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner