Shangri—La Heritage

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Mich486, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

Thanks @Will Zach! Definitely one of my favorites to wear with how the leather looks and how the jacket itself fits.

2. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

Thanks brotha! It looks so much better after I broke it in, cxl can be challenging to break in but it's worth it. I believe that's a given that they should charge you no fee since they will only taper the fit a little for a slimmer look. Same goes when you do made to order from other makers. It's nice that the company participate with discussions here about their products.

Marco_Massini and dannyk like this.
  3. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

Looks like some new offerings are coming from Shangri-La Heritage. Anyone else a fan of a fur collars?

I really like the color of the hardware.
    FB_IMG_1614459236062.jpg FB_IMG_1614459245901.jpg FB_IMG_1614459260034.jpg

handymike, Mich486, nickv and 3 others like this.
  4. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

I like them but I love detachable shearlings better for sure. Two for 1 jacket! That's a nice looking minimalist cross zip D pocket. Is this your next project?

dannyk and TG3 like this.
  5. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

Agreed. Detachable is the way to go for sure. But I think I'd always find myself rocking the fur so might as well just sew it on haha.

Nope, I'm getting the Varenne with fur collar. I don’t own any cross zips actually. I've always loved the way they look but not sure if I can pull it off lol. Especially since I no longer ride.

Jin431 likes this.
  6. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

I looked it up online and that is a good looking clean classic silhouette of a jacket! Great choice for a black jacket. I hear you, it's super cool to rock a shearling collar.

Got it but it's just a cool piece to wear especially if it's a simple clean cut pattern. I never thought I'd want one too but now I am in awe of a nice cross zip lol

dannyk likes this.
  7. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

Oh I hear you. I think cross zips are awesome. Quintessential badass leather jacket. If I got one it would have to be a simple design like the one above. A cross zip that doesn't scream biker jacket. Not sure if that makes sense lol. I do love RMC J24L. Super cool jacket. I just don't think I could justify the price...

dannyk and Jin431 like this.
  8. Mich486

Mich486 One Too Many

Here is the brown version:

D0A961C5-6CB5-4F1B-93DB-97D0C0C2B66D.jpeg 8B4ABC34-350F-4378-8BC3-52A8B89393E7.jpeg

Not bad their most interesting design imho. Leather from a UK tannery (Charles f Stead)

Jin431 and TG3 like this.
  9. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

I haven’t looked at their website yet. What leather is it? And is the collar detachable? In any case this is a strong showing from them. Dont own anything from them; but have looked before and see what’s been posted here and it looks like they keep upping their game. Good stuff.

10. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

I do like the overall look. Leather looks nice too.

Too bad the D pocket has al this puckering going on. Looks a bit sloppy.

98B73C9D-BCC3-483D-8999-16BFAC4E7972.jpeg

red devil, Carlos840, TG3 and 3 others like this.
  11. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

Yeah the black looks better though it too has some going on for sure. It seems they keep getting better and better designs and leather. I would hope this gets resolved. Don’t they have an associate on this forum? I wouldn’t want to put them on blast but maybe they will see this and take into consideration. Cause otherwise it does look really good.

dlite90, TG3, Jin431 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

Edward, Jin431 and dannyk like this.
  13. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

Jin431 likes this.
  14. Mich486

Mich486 One Too Many

+1 on merging the threads. Actually I think it would be nice to have a thread per maker (one for Aero, one for Thedi, one for RMC, etc) so it would be easier to know where to look.

Anyway, I agree that the d-pocket could look better but I wonder if the creases are also partly due to the leather folded underneath and not just puckering.

See this Freewheelers La Brea that although to a minor extent shows the same effect too:
    9AAB2010-E759-427C-AB22-600F245C2394.jpeg

Jin431, TG3 and dannyk like this.
  15. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

Last I checked they hadn't officially put it on their website. Just teaser photos. The black is HH (dont know what tannery) and the whiskey color is also HH from CF Stead. Not sure if the collar is detachable or not. Most of their other jackets have them detachable. And they offer M2M so I bet they could go both ways.

Jin431 and dannyk like this.
  16. dannyk

dannyk One Too Many

Thanks man!

TG3 likes this.
  17. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

I agree on merging. I only started a new one because the makers name was spelled incorrectly. Thanks for pointing out to mods. I'm still a rookie on navigating TFL

Yes the stitching around the D pocket could be improved. Marco is one of the owners who posted on the other thread

Jin431, Marc mndt and dannyk like this.
  18. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

I agree that having one thread per maker would simplify things. A maker thread for new products and TFL member reviews of their jackets.

I wonder if the puckering is from not skiving the leather enough around the outside pattern. To your point, it appears its when the leather is being folded over.

dannyk likes this.
  19. Jin431

Jin431 One Too Many

Yes, clean classic black for a badass moto cross zip not that I ride though lol
    So true about the RMC j24L, ill soon have my modified FL j24 and I think you'll like that too hehe

TG3 and dannyk like this.
  20. TG3

TG3 One of the Regulars

Whats the ETA on that jacket? Greg was mailing me some leather samples. I want a FL just dont know what design I'd go with. I really like yours and Marc's jackets.

Jin431, dannyk and Marc mndt like this.