Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shangri—La Heritage

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for all your kind words gents! @ton312 @Marc mndt @HoosierDaddy I think it's a pretty damn cool jacket myself.

You might be right @Jin431 guess yall will have to point me in a new direction haha.

You gots a black & brown SLH beauties already. You got the FL design to think about too lol i don't know man we were talking about the cross zips last time but you weren't too keen on it then. I'm partial to CHP, 3 or 4 pocket styled jackets

Edit: maybe a button up leather jacket like a cossack or similar

Last edited:
Reactions: TG3

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Congrats! Perfect fit and beautiful jacket. Good to know that they are open for modifications like in your case. I hope they will gain market share as the quality of their leather jackets is quite high (I would say in a similar league as Aero or SB) and customer service seems to be very good. I hope they will add other leather types (e.g. veg tanned) and jacket styles to their portfolio soon.

TG3

One of the Regulars
You gots a black & brown SLH beauties already. You got the FL design to think about too lol i don't know man we were talking about the cross zips last time but you weren't too keen on it then. I'm partial to CHP, 3 or 4 pocket styled jackets

Edit: maybe a button up leather jacket like a cossack or similar

I really love the way cross zips look, I think they are awesome. Just don't know if I'm cool enough to rock one haha.

I actually was looking at a button jacket the other day. Stop reading my mind Jib!

TG3

One of the Regulars
Congrats! Perfect fit and beautiful jacket. Good to know that they are open for modifications like in your case. I hope they will gain market share as the quality of their leather jackets is quite high (I would say in a similar league as Aero or SB) and customer service seems to be very good. I hope they will add other leather types (e.g. veg tanned) and jacket styles to their portfolio soon.
Thank you Sir. I hope so too, as competition is a good thing. I had asked Marco if they would ever introduce other leathers and he said they are always searching for the best tanneries. He mentioned a German tannery called Leder Fiedler (I'm not familiar) and I saw on their stories some videos of new leathers they were looking at.

Mysteryo

One Too Many
571FA8A2-A772-4FC5-A2EF-BB1E1537A10E.jpeg
Today I be had the opportunity to try on Shangri la’s d pocket jacket.
I’m a 43” chest and size L was the one that fit me better.
It’s their calf skin model, and as you can imagine the leather feels supple and nice. The pattern is pretty good and fits comfortably, with a nice and clean shape.
Over all, it’s a nice and of good quality jacket. Only a few details bother me, those fat zipper pullers on the pockets, when they could have chosen more refined ones. I also dislike the small belt passants that give the jacket a « fashion » touch: it’s a riding jacket and a proper belt should be able to finish the look ( after all aren’t they trying to emulate the Buco jackets?) passants should be there,… or not!
And least, like Vanson, the end of sleeve has no stitching… it feels weird to me (also when zipped, the leather at that place is bulking, and it’s a bit hurting the wrist)
Anyway, I might sound a bit hard about this jacket, but it’s just my personal feelings and thoughts and taste. It’s a good jacket, nice craftsmanship and worth the money.
Now pictures

Attachments

• FF8F3363-32E4-468A-AE77-3F5BDA624535.jpeg
    FF8F3363-32E4-468A-AE77-3F5BDA624535.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 1,252
  • BB1259DE-B8CC-428B-A365-BB253F0DA515.jpeg
    BB1259DE-B8CC-428B-A365-BB253F0DA515.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,218
  • 88E71CD9-26BD-471F-8E86-B023F0020200.jpeg
    88E71CD9-26BD-471F-8E86-B023F0020200.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,208

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
The d pocket that's shown on their instagram account seems to have larger belt passants:

4A023FA1-0FEB-435B-A0D8-0D28A74C56A7.jpeg

The sleeves end look a bit wide. Did you try zipping up those sleeves gussets?

Judging by the pic above, they're still too wide even when zipped.

dlite90

Familiar Face
I have one of their t-shirts and I wear it all the time. I had never owned a tube or ringspun tee, so with free worldwide shipping I decided to give it a try.
L size is just like a normal American L out of the box. Hand of the fabric is soft and a bit thick, about like you'd expect from ringspun cotton. It didn't "breathe" a lot at first (made me sweat), but after a run through the washer/dryer it was breathable and it shrunk a little.
They gave me a coupon for 10% off and I intend to use it on another one in black. For a 30-year-old New Yorker, a high-quality fashion tee is really handy, but I don't like shirts that display some mall brand or "designer" logo.

https://shangrilaheritage.it/produc..._size=l&attribute_color=Print+in+Carminio+Red

grzzi

New in Town
Just got my Terracotta Western Jacket. Ordered L, which is my usual size, 42 or 44. Fits good. Leather is very supple, smells good. Weight is about what I expected... not to heavy but still hefty. Lining is viscose. Overall impression is very good. I dont have a lot of leather jackets so I cant really compare it to the similar type 1 models. I was eyeing Y2 or Double Helix Type 1 in Horse Hide but they were somehow too shiny and I like to have side pockets in a jacket which this one does. Also 700-800 Euro was around the max I was willing to spend on the piece I can not try in person.

If I have any doubts about this one, it might be a thin dark brown contrast leather lining at the edges and collar which looks as if it might rip and deteriorate much faster than the rest of the jacket. It might be good idea to have an option of mutton wool or something for the collar to add on for colder days?

Also I wonder how dangerous the rain is for brushed horse hide, will it leave marks permanently? Mark from Shangri-La might know more?
IMG_7215.jpeg
IMG_7216.jpeg

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Just got my Terracotta Western Jacket. Ordered L, which is my usual size, 42 or 44. Fits good. Leather is very supple, smells good. Weight is about what I expected... not to heavy but still hefty. Lining is viscose. Overall impression is very good. I dont have a lot of leather jackets so I cant really compare it to the similar type 1 models. I was eyeing Y2 or Double Helix Type 1 in Horse Hide but they were somehow too shiny and I like to have side pockets in a jacket which this one does. Also 700-800 Euro was around the max I was willing to spend on the piece I can not try in person.

If I have any doubts about this one, it might be a thin dark brown contrast leather lining at the edges and collar which looks as if it might rip and deteriorate much faster than the rest of the jacket. It might be good idea to have an option of mutton wool or something for the collar to add on for colder days?

Also I wonder how dangerous the rain is for brushed horse hide, will it leave marks permanently? Mark from Shangri-La might know more?
View attachment 386121 View attachment 386122

Thanks for sharing

curious about the rain answer too. Probably will be fine just need to wipe it down

it looks good! Would be great to see some fit photos if you are able

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab

Congrats. I thought that the jacket looks much darker according to their Website. Anyway, cool jacket. I have the black suede one and I really like it and I think it's worth the money (the suede of mine is not as soft and pliable as Aero's vegtanned goat suede for instance). This trucker jacket is longer than a classic trucker jacket but I like it and in general it is a more modern (Italian) interpretation of the trucker jacket. Please post fit pics.

grzzi

New in Town
Congrats. I thought that the jacket looks much darker according to their Website. Anyway, cool jacket. I have the black suede one and I really like it and I think it's worth the money (the suede of mine is not as soft and pliable as Aero's vegtanned goat suede for instance). This trucker jacket is longer than a classic trucker jacket but I like it and in general it is a more modern (Italian) interpretation of the trucker jacket. Please post fit pics.
I think the color is more accurate on their website... prob the lightning in the room. I will post few pics later.

Marco_Massini

New in Town

Ciao! Thanks for sharing your feedback about the Terracotta Western Jacket, I'm glad that you're happy with it!

The option of the mutton collar is a feasible idea, if you want we can add two little buttons underneath the collar to be used to attach our Fur Collars like we do in our Varenne jackets.

About the rain, nubuck is similar to suede so it's not optimal to be under heavy rain. Anyways it shouldn't leave permanent marks, if it's wet by rain let it dry naturally (i.e. away from sources of heat) and brush it with a nubuck/suede rubber brush.

Let me know if you need more information!

Cheers,

Marco

P.S. the L size looks made to measure for you!

grzzi

New in Town
Ciao! Thanks for sharing your feedback about the Terracotta Western Jacket, I'm glad that you're happy with it!

The option of the mutton collar is a feasible idea, if you want we can add two little buttons underneath the collar to be used to attach our Fur Collars like we do in our Varenne jackets.

About the rain, nubuck is similar to suede so it's not optimal to be under heavy rain. Anyways it shouldn't leave permanent marks, if it's wet by rain let it dry naturally (i.e. away from sources of heat) and brush it with a nubuck/suede rubber brush.

Let me know if you need more information!

Cheers,

Marco

P.S. the L size looks made to measure for you!

thanks Marco, I really like the jacket. I like the collar idea but I should send the jacket to you to make it happen? I ll send you pm if I decide on that?

Sticki

New in Town
Hello.
I have a question on the varenne owner.
I m Not Sure if i have ti choose a size m.
Because on the Website was pit to pit with 56cm.
Is the jacket realy this pit measurements or is IT bigger or smaller.
So jetzt nochmal auf deutsch.
An alle varenne Besitzer... Stimmt die angegebene Brustweite auf der shangri la Seite oder fallen die Jacken eher größer oder kleiner aus?
Danke

wukong

New in Town
Hey everyone, I could use your experience.

I’m the fresh owner of a Varenne, courtesy of kermitt22. (BTW, he was very helpful and answered all my questions!)
And I must say, it’s quite a change for me, moving from lower-tier jackets. Especially how tough and stiff I perceive it to be. The quality is way way better, though!

Here is how it fits with a t-shirt and a light sweatshirt underneath.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bowmz9x3M44iGNWK7

Where I need your opinion or advice based on your experience is on the following:
- I’m unsure if the sleeves are short. Here's how it pulls up when I raise my arms in front of me. I do feel that I would be more comfortable with just a bit more length.
1708595064785.png

- I can't tell if maybe, somehow, it's not right for my body. And I wonder if I can properly explain what I'm unsure about. When I put my hands in my pockets, I need to bend my wrists to reach the pockets and be able to slide the hands in. Somehow, it feels like I can't move my elbows back, enough to freely slide my hands in.
And I feel that the cause could be the area near the armpit - chest exterior. I tried to capture that in the photo below.
1708595367301.png
1708595408126.png

- Also at the back of my arms, I feel the material digging into my arms as I move my arms back. In the album linked above, the last pics with arrows show that.

Now, am I having the wrong expectations regarding fit/mobility?
Is there maybe something I could do to stretch it out? Both in the chest and the arms length? Is it even a good thing to try and do this?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
To my eyes, it´s a very good fit.

Sleeves are borderline short, but absolutely within (my personal) tolerance. Rest looks aweseome. My guess is that you are not used to the inherent restrictions of a thick hide, as opposed to the pliability of a cloth/lambskin etc. jacket.

I don´t want to talk you into liking the jacket, but visually it´s super!

Jacket itself looks very nice, btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot