Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shave of the Day

Michaelshane

One Too Many
5502384935_6891f0da25_z.jpg

maduro 5

A-List Customer
Brush: Vulfix 154
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Feathers (yellow)
Pre-Shave: Proraso
Shaving cream:Coate's Limited Edition
AS: Acqua di Parma
EdT: Acqua Di Parma Essenza
Result: 8 out of 10

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Shave of the week was me effing up a perfectly good Vandyke by trying to shave back the lower lip so it didn't itch so much. A snoop or two later I found I had separated the upper from the lower and had, essentially, a mustache with chin spinach. NOT MY LOOK. Clean shaven since.

WineGuy

A-List Customer
dd79dea0.jpg

60eacd5c.jpg

I just got my Georgetown G5 scuttle yesterday and shaved with it this morning. First, the scuttle is much bigger than the pictures convey on their website(look at the scale of the SR), it swallowed my Mitchell's Wool Fat puck and I got the best lather yet(compared to using a coffee mug). I don't know what the water capacity is but it kept the scuttle hot through out my shave. I admittedly have no reference point for other scuttles but I have to say the workmanship is outstanding and I personally like the symmetry of it's body and the glaze is gorgeous in my opinion. The rubber cork is a smart idea.

Adcurium

A-List Customer
I just posted in another thread about about my TOBS 'Mr. Taylor' cream. It was 15% off at my Barber's shop so I picked it up to try. And it is really great. Equivalent to my other favorite - T&H 1805.

Doc Average

One of the Regulars
Wow! tried out a Ladies Gillette today before putting it up for sale. What a great shave! Blew me away, I would keep it, but don't know about having a Ladies razor in the rotation!

This made me think of the scene in North by Northwest when Cary Grant tries to shave with Eve Marie Saint's razor in the men's room at La Salle Street station! :D

[video=youtube;L70Xy2PcoJk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L70Xy2PcoJk[/video]

"Big face, small razor."

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Gillette Adjustable on 3 w/ new Astra blade
AOS Sandalwood puck
AOS brush from their sample kit. A little coarse but great for exfoliation and lathering the cake.
One Planet pre oil
Alum bar
AOS Sndl AS cream.
Tom D.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Traveling this week, so my kit is a bit different than at home:
Gillette Aristocrat
Derby Extra Blade
Omega Boar Brush
Bigelow Shave Cream
Bigelow Black AS Balm