Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Addiction...or Something Else......

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oy, so many addictions...

Red lipsticks, shoes - I stopped counting at 175 pairs (but keep buying!), jewelry (especially matching sets), Queen Mary vintage souveniers (the compact! The mechanical pencil! The chocolate boxes!), cigarette holders (and I hardly ever smoke), Spanish combs (and my hair is currently too short to wear them), and of course, the evil vintage pattern yen...

Miss Roulette

New in Town
Gloves. I always have to look at gloves although I don't always buy them. I have a several pairs and I like to have a matching scarf or bag or shoes to go with my gloves, ideally I have all 3 but that is very hard to match, apart from black.

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
I have to say that I'm completely addicted to brooches especially cameos!! I've got one from my great grand mother... I'm also addicted to rings and vintage eyeglasses!!

satindoll

New in Town
Another vote for vintage eyeglasses! If I see a cool pair of cats eye glasses I can't resist buying them.

It's fun reading what others collect. It's giving me some new ideas!
Right now I love to collect 40s lounging outfits, any kind of vintage jewelry that involves fruit and anything vintage Hawaiian, Florida or tiki.

Then, of course, there's the shoe obsession.:rolleyes:

zaika

One Too Many
oddly enough, while i have a lot of things, i don't have any obsessions or collections of things. i suppose the closest i get to a collection of anything would be yarn and knitting needles. i have TOO MUCH yarn and nowhere to put it. [huh] and it's not like i knit a lot anymore either. hmm...must get back to that for winter.
oh wait...i do have one collection albeit unintentional. i've been saving my monthly bus passes for over three...nearly four years now. our public transit people put out colorful ones each month and i've just kept them all. luckily they don't take up a lot of room. lol
i always feel guilty for having a lot of one type of thing. shoes, jewelry, hats, whatever...so i always end up pairing down every year. it would be nice to have a pair of shoes for all occassions, however. but usually it's just me and my mary jane danskos out there in the world. hee hee. i have worn them practically every day for the last two years. even with the soles cracked, they are still comfy. *must get them fixed*

Vintage Betty

roselily said:
Well, I appear to have a shoe addiction, but alot of my shoes are dance shoes so they don't really count as regular shoes!

Do tell us more! What type of dancing do you do?

My husband and I are ballroom dancers and I have a few really good pair of dance shoes.

Vintage Betty

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
lonestarcasie said:
I'm addicted to patterns and fabric. And now I have amassed so much unused of each that I MUST NOT buy any more until I make what I have. But Ebay is a cruel goddess and she tempts me...;)

Boy, do I hear you! I've got a whole linen closet full of fabric yet I always want more. You'd think they'd have come up with some kind of innoculation against fabric temptation by now, wouldn't you?

Vintage Betty

Since I've collected for so long, I've had most of the same addictions mentioned here already: Clothes, shoes, accessories (purses, hankies, gloves, antique ladies hand fans, vintage stockings, etc), ephemera, hats (lots of hats), costume jewelry, fine jewelry (stolen), suits (lots of suits), millinary stuff, hat blocks, books and the list goes on. :eusa_doh:

Due to a serious ankle injury, I sold most of my vintage shoes and am now down to one or two sturdy pairs. I also sold most of my hankies and other items.

The good news is that if you are part of the The Fedora Lounge Ladies Globe Trotting Hat Experience, I am giving my parts of my collection away. I simply have too much stuff, and I'm having a blast sharing it with y'all.

If you didn't get to participate in that fun, check out the Classifieds, because I'm giving stuff away there as well.

I love hats, and being the Grand-daughter of a Milliner, apparently it's in the blood. I intend on growing and culling my hat collection over time, and buying more as well as learning Millinary and maybe even setting up a work area in my home one day. That's my true love.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR