Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Short pants and lack of feminine style

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I've heard too that that the vintage style is in. Also, looking at a lot of magazine covers I"ve noticed women having a more 'classic' look to them, which is a very nice change! Also, the 'noir' look is in for this fall and winter (which is a lot of black, but very elegant) I'm really liking some of the stuff I see out there :D

BonnieJean

Practically Family
What will be the next big fashion fad? Rubber gloves? Plastic shower caps?

That is hilarious! But you know, I did see some young men sporting what looked like to me to be shower caps several years ago. But I'm not sure about rubber gloves...

I've heard too that that the vintage style is in. Also, looking at a lot of magazine covers I"ve noticed women having a more 'classic' look to them, which is a very nice change! Also, the 'noir' look is in for this fall and winter (which is a lot of black, but very elegant) I'm really liking some of the stuff I see out there.

Me too! I can't wait! I'm hoping the "mainstream" stores will pick up the trend and I can get some affordable outfits!

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Just say no to the Crocs!
Paisley, I just read that blog--that cracked me up!

And yes, the Crocs have finally reached the Midwest! I spotted many Crocs last week. I thought that a bunch of gardeners must be having a convention. I overheard someone call them comfortable "plastic socks". They're just plain ugly to me. Reminds me of Donald Duck feet.

Sorry to be off topic here---yep, I hijacked my own thread!

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Sad to say, the Crocs started in Colorado. :eek: They look like something Shrek would wear.

Take a look at my thread on the new clothes at Talbots. They aren't inexpensive. However, Talbots does have sales, and their clothes are high quality, wear well, and tend to stay in style a long time.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I got my new magazine of Boston Proper the other day, and they had they kind of pants (or whatever their called) in there. I'm just not getting this line of thinking with the fashion idustry! What was also a bit disappointing was that usually I love just about everything in this catalog, but either with the shirts, the woman's breasts were nearly falling out of them (who in their right mind is going to go out in public like that?!) It's like their thinking slutty and sophisticated go together :rolleyes:
What I was glad to see was that the knee high boots seem to be coming back in style, which I have been wanting to wear mine around and they have some examples of looking stylish with net stockings.

Foofoogal

Banned
I just went to the worlds biggest mall with over 900 stores. Edmonton Mall in Alberta.
Those type of pants were everywhere for Fall with velvet jackets and beret hats. Gold chain belts and necklaces, jumpers and plaid is also hot with lots of tights. (fishnet and all.) and boots of every height.
A bit young for me but I used the place to sort of research for my business. Vintage style is definitely mixed in and also lots of layering. Lace blouses with bow ties and ruffles. A real mix of feminine and masculine.
One thing I saw that I thought was hilarious is a skirt fairly short for $110.00 that no kidding had the hem out. Like if you hemmed a skirt by rolling it up 3 times and then let it sit awhile and then took out the hem to show these lines. Frays and all. I will think of that skirt when people think vintage well made clothing is too costly.
I really feel with clothing as well as home decor people are moving much more into what they love to surround themselves and wear with instead of whatever the norm is.

Brooksie

One Too Many
What will be the next big fashion fad? Rubber gloves? Plastic shower caps?
[/QUOTE]

I have read through this whole entire thread/post and I thought I was going to fall off of my chair from Laughing! Whats funny is the rubber gloves comment because I went to the Portland gift show a few years ago and there was a booth there that had some funny girly things (but nothing I would actually buy) like purses with faux fur trim, they were also selling some thick black rubber/latex gloves, like the bright yellow ones they sell in the grocery store for doing dishes and cleaning house only these were trimmed in black feathers around the edge of the opening (kind of like guantlet gloves trimmed in a feather boa, for house cleanin!?) I took a look at them and I thought... what in the....... are these for? I wanted to laugh then but I did not want to make fun of their stuff.

Brooksie

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Brooksie said:
I have read through this whole entire thread/post and I thought I was going to fall off of my chair from Laughing! Whats funny is the rubber gloves comment because I went to the Portland gift show a few years ago and there was a booth there that had some funny girly things (but nothing I would actually buy) like purses with faux fur trim, they were also selling some thick black rubber/latex gloves, like the bright yellow ones they sell in the grocery store for doing dishes and cleaning house only these were trimmed in black feathers around the edge of the opening (kind of like guantlet gloves trimmed in a feather boa, for house cleanin!?) I took a look at them and I thought... what in the....... are these for? I wanted to laugh then but I did not want to make fun of their stuff.

Brooksie

I actually work on and off in a kitchenwares shop and we sell these kind of gloves! There is one version trimmed in leopard print fur and another with fake pearls round the wrist and pink and black feathers. They're most definitely a novelty gift item and we sell a fair few of them due to a TV show on called "How Clean is your House" where a pair of ladies go to filthy houses to sort them out. One is very glamorous - hair always pristine, smart clothes etc, and she always has a pair of these gloves on. I'd love to be more glamorous while doing the housework, but at £15 a pair there's no way I'd buy them for myself!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic