Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should tobacco usage scene's be deleted?

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lincsong said:
Yes, this is a censorship question many people are contemplating.:rage: Any thoughts?

Clearly the answer is NO, said scenes shouldn't be deleted. By the time you get through deleting all the scenese that in some way offends someone, you have nothing left.

Twitch

It's sad that a group of movie people have decided to copy politicians with "feel good" legislation, as it were. It is simply a case of publically appearing to do something positive while nothing in the real world is affected whatsoever.:eusa_doh:

carebear

This is a post on a similar thread on a different forum I frequent (which devolved into a "stupid Lucas" fest).

Mike Irwin said:
This is an excerpt from an article a friend read.

I thought the imagery was REALLY good...

"With the dialogue in most movies reduced to either one star screaming at the other star as the car they’re driving goes out of control, or one character sitting in front of a computer terminal, and after tapping a few keys, turning to the other characters and saying, “I’m into the system,” a little smoke-’em-if-you-got-’em goes a long way. The ponderous, wooden dialogue of the recent Star Wars movies would have seemed zesty and sharp if only Yoda had dangled a Marlboro from his greenish lips. “Begun,” he says, taking a long, slow, last drag, “the clone war has.” And then he tosses the butt to the ground and grinds it out with his tiny little foot."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points