Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show me your favorite jacket

Aether

One of the Regulars
Vanson CHP

DSCF2540.jpg

Nice! Sweet outfit, and a very nice looking bike.

Fifty150

One Too Many
I've owned many jackets over the years. And today, I've got well over 2 dozen pieces of outerwear. From my police issued motorcycle jacket, to different flight jackets issued from different missions, to a velvet high waisted number that I favor for evening wear as opposed to a traditional dinner jacket. Fishing and hunting jackets that are only worn when fishing and hunting. Ski jackets only used for skiing. A parka from the U.S. Olympics Training Center that I haven't worn since. How many of us have kept the varsity jacket from high school, knowing that we'll never fit into it again? The low priced "bomber" type that I keep in the back of the car. A jacket for every occasion, if you will. My life's adventures are documented by the rips, scars, markings, and patches on a bunch of jackets that hang on a clothes line in my garage. I grew up in this jacket. Now I've grown out of it. The one behind it is the replacement.
100_0098.jpg

redtag

Banned
I love them all! There are days when nothing can beat my plain old M65 and others when it has to be th
Aero Cafe Racer FQHH with two breast pockets, plain back. Looks a lot different now after two years.

e dufflecoat. And even between the leathers there is none that's truly better or preferred over the rest. So I let my wife be the judge and she chooses this one every time:

Foto62.jpg

I like this one! This appears well-cared for even though you have had it for two years already.

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
I also love the Aero Cafe' Racers! Yet, I love my 1960s Beck from Insurrection!

9808938.jpg

But..., you can never overlook the Vanson jackets...the PLU-3 is simply phenomenal!

9614936.jpg

2469137.jpg

Last edited:

ace12

New in Town

Thanks! I was hooked up to this nice chap selling vintage clothing in LA 5 years ago and when I first saw it, I was absolutely bewitched - the condition and size were perfect! The only imperfection was the zippers, so I had to replace theml! It is STILL my favourite by far!

Last edited:

garzo

One of the Regulars
My all time favorite.

And favorite combo as well.

Schott Perfecto with my Schott A-2 collar.
aa1cbb07.jpg

Wow, so Schott's A-2 (184SM?) collar fits the Perfecto?! I know Schott also sells a mouton collar specially for the Perfecto, but I didn't know the A-2 collar fit. Does it fit perfectly?

CR141

Familiar Face
WOW!!!! Lots of nice jackets:cool: Please excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard.

My current fave is the Schott 141, but that's about to change.

Sorry Guys, no pics camera was stolen.

Cheers
Bob

guygardner

A-List Customer
Not a thousand-dollar Aero, in fact, not even leather, but my favorite jacket is my old m-65. Made in 1980 by Alpha, the jacket is faded, missing the zip-out hood and all of the snaps along the storm flap have worn to the point that they no longer work. It is still the most comfortable, versatile, practical, and (I think) stylish jacket. It is light enough for spring, makes a good rain jacket, and I can even wear it with the lining and a few light layers on a normal winter's day in Ottawa and it is warm enough! The size is small regular, and fits like a glove, but the action back and generous sleeve size makes it easy to move around in.

Photoon2012-03-31at1110.jpg
[/IMG]

Photoon2012-03-31at1109.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Cole

One of the Regulars
My 10 year old Vanson X1 in FQHH. My first real leather jacket and the jacket I wore when I met my wive. She has strictly forbidden that I ever sell that jacket. :D

x1okt11-1.jpg

billyb

Familiar Face
Civilian style CHPs jacket for me...sans epaulets, badge patch, and belt loops. Going to have one made up by Langlitz to fit a bit better...too tight at the arm pits, a bit too long for riding, and ridiculously big around the neck to the point it is a hood scoop for air when riding. I still love it and may keep it as a casual wearing jacket in the long run.

http://s1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb402/bishoffw/?action=view&current=frontviewjacket.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112