Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show me your favorite jacket

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I doubt i could ever get another one of these at this price.

DSCF0069.jpg

Original WWII A2 size 44, £185 in 1983. Oh, and an original Hetzer.

And I know some on here have a thing about A2s and combats, but hey! What the heck.
Johnny T

JLStorm

Practically Family
I don't think I could choose between my two custom aeros, each one is my favorite depending on the day. I probably have 25 or so jackets of varying materials and quality, but if the house was burning down and I could only carry two things, I think these would be them:

ec893154.jpg

d67fd9f5.jpg

5e443fc8.jpg

51b54c25.jpg

shearling1.jpg

wearingshearling3cut.jpg

wearingjacket3cut.jpg

KevG

New in Town
Kev: The BK looks like a real winner. Haven't seen many of them............thanks for posting.

Enjoy it and wear it in good health. The Aero looks good also.

Regards,
coffee

Thanks

The Aero is still a great jacket. The BK is a thinner horsehide so I reckon my preference will actually change with the seasons :)

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes. Blanket coats are great. I would also choose mine. (I am the guy on the left)

If it was lost I would run crying to Dinerman (guy on the right) to sell me another one. He is the king of blanket coats.

blanket.jpg

Last edited:

Flat Foot Floey

Fair enough. I am not that interested in leather jackets. I mean, I would try them if they were cheaper but don't feel the same kind of obsession with them as others around here.

A wool and leathers combo like Aero is offering would be great though. Unfortunately I will have to wait with the purchache until my job is really running steady for a year or so.

aswatland

The iconic David D Doniger contract is one of my favourite A2 designs with the pointed collar, angular pocket flaps and very comfortable fit. The contract dates to 9th June 1942 and only 5,000 were made making it the joint smallest Wartime contract with Cooper. This one is a generous size 42. It is 100% original and the lining is pristine and the knits are in very good order. The workmanship on Doniger A2s is amongst the best I have seen on original A2s. Clearly the machinists were very experienced. The goatskin is magnificent without any rot or repairs.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran