Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show me your favorite jacket

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
The iconic David D Doniger contract is one of my favourite A2 designs with the pointed collar, angular pocket flaps and very comfortable fit. The contract dates to 9th June 1942 and only 5,000 were made making it the joint smallest Wartime contract with Cooper. This one is a generous size 42. It is 100% original and the lining is pristine and the knits are in very good order. The workmanship on Doniger A2s is amongst the best I have seen on original A2s. Clearly the machinists were very experienced. The goatskin is magnificent without any rot or repairs.

Geez, that's perhaps the best fitting and most attractive A2 I've seen. Do you feel anxious wearing an original or is it an honor.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Geez, that's perhaps the best fitting and most attractive A2 I've seen. Do you feel anxious wearing an original or is it an honor.

I have three original Donigers, one badged one from the 82nd Airborne and two plain ones. The goatskin is in remarkable robust condition and I have no fear wearing them. 99% of people would assume they are repros as they are in such great condition.

eba6ujyj.jpg

Schott 118 Perfecto with removable furry collar. Rarely gets cold enough for it around here, but if something happened to it I'd have to find another. Mainly because Schott is one of the few that makes long sizes anymore in this style. And I dig the way the furry collar looks.

This next one would absolutely kill me to lose because I doubt that I could replace it. Not without great expense and trouble.
yvuhu6aj.jpg

I'd had a vintage H Bar C one back in the very early 90s that must've "shrank" or something, and I ended up letting it go. This one my wife bought me new around 2000, because she loves me and new how good I'd look in it. It's by Rodeo Ranchwear, but they are out of business now too.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Thanks Harv. I'll post a fit pic maybe when it cools down a little. Temps in the 90s and storms every afternoon so we don't run out of humidity, it's all I can do to keep a shirt on right now. Can't wrap my head around the thought of a jacket.

And Matt...the old A2 still looks pretty good on you, especially with the hat. Congrats on the drop.

devilish

A-List Customer
While my long time favorite is my GW Dubow, lately I've been having an affair with it's cousin. The GW A-1 sample in the washed capeskin.

image_zps916222a5.jpg

image_zps5bff62ed.jpg

Perfecto looks awesome with a fur collar but the best thing about it is how entirely it shifts the whole look of the jacket. I wish I had one for my Aero MC jacket, but they don't seem to be making these anymore...

Thanks Monitor. The collar is my favorite part, and I totally agree that it changes the whole look. Too bad where I live it's only cold enough to actually use it a few weeks out of the year.

Devilish I like the color AND the collar of that GW.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Schott 118 Perfecto with removable furry collar. Rarely gets cold enough for it around here, but if something happened to it I'd have to find another. Mainly because Schott is one of the few that makes long sizes anymore in this style. And I dig the way the furry collar looks.
Nice to see someone having a Schott 118 as a favourite jacket. It is one of my favourites too due to the steerhide leather.

My Schott 118 (got it 2nd hand... I can't afford it NEW and I can't go to the factory sale in December to get that bargain they offer)
jackschott118.jpg

I also have an (well several) old Open Road leather jacket(I think they were made by Wilson) that is one of my favourite too because it's a bit longer than the 118 and it have a removable liner making it warmer than the 118.
This is a size 38, also have a size 42 that the previous owner tried to add character to it by falling from the bike but failed.
jackOR.jpg

This one... don't ask. It's a Royal Navy cadet's jacket (no rank). I like it because I can mess my friends heads as they mostly see me wearing leather jackets. That cut it's not very common so it somehow stands out of the crowd.
jackNAVY.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24