Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show me your favorite jacket

blethook

One of the Regulars
Here are my two favourites:

Both I didn't like when I first got them, but now they're the ones getting the most wear!!

Barbour International: hated it when it was new because of the waxiness/stickiness of the material. Now I would consider it to be the most practical jacket I own :)
BarbourInternational001.jpg

The 2nd jacket is the ELC A-1: I returned it the first time because I thought it was too thin & flimsy. Had a second thought, then bought it again. I consider this the best ELC jacket I've owned to date :)
ELCA-1_001.jpg

andy richards

Practically Family
Great looking jackets! I just love to see well used Barbour jackets. Also...now I am even more convinced that I made a good choice to buy the ELC A-1 jacket, looking at yours...
Andy

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
Any chance of some pictures of you wearing this nicholasb?

My ultimate favorite has to be my new one from Superior Flight Apparel. Looks and feels good. Not sure I could get it again as it was a test jacket but I would buy from Mark again. Hope to see some more on here soon.
Jacket2.jpg
I've been talking to Mark about him making one of these for me so I'm desperate for any more details.

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
Hi deluxestyling, I will take some pics. It really is my favorite jacket. I love those pockets. It would be good to see some more 'Superiors' here. If there's anything you want to know, I'll try and help.

eClairvaux

One of the Regulars
I love them all! There are days when nothing can beat my plain old M65 and others when it has to be the dufflecoat. And even between the leathers there is none that's truly better or preferred over the rest. So I let my wife be the judge and she chooses this one every time:

Foto62.jpg

Aero Cafe Racer FQHH with two breast pockets, plain back. Looks a lot different now after two years.

Last edited:

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
could you please show pics from the back. I have never seen a plain back CR and I am thinking about it for my next one.

If its not too much trouble, could you take one from the back and one from diagonal back.

warbird

One Too Many
This is my favorite jacket. It belonged to my great uncle who wore it as a fighter pilot in WWII and Korea, eschewing any jackets issued to him. I acquired it from him probably 25 years ago. I wore it nearly every cool day and took it with me on numerous adventures over the years until about 5 years ago, when I got too fat to wear it. But, I lost all the weight last year and wore it all fall and this winter. As you can see it is not w/o its age showing. the liner is finally falling apart. One of the pockets has a huge hole in it. The sleeves have had their stitching fixed in numerous places over the years as it came apart from one violent movement or other. The leather remains in good condition, mainly due to my near obsession in keeping it conditioned. I love this jacket, despite and probably because of its flaws. It is made of horsehide.

IMG_4088.jpg

IMG_4086.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

IMG_4087.jpg

gpotski

New in Town
I like my Buzz Rickson black MA-1 "Pattern Recognition" jacket...see it in my avatar too.

BuzzRickson1.jpg

BuzzRickson2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider