Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show off your vintage desktops!

Jovan

Suspended
Show off your vintage style wallpapers, themes, screen savers etc. Doesn't matter if it's Windows or Mac OS. (And please keep it civil regarding those OSes, especially Vista!)

I'll start with mine. My desktop weighs in at 1280x1024, so Photobucket needed to scale it down a bit.

desktop.jpg

Unseen is the silver trim scheme I'm using that gives it a bit of a '50s vibe. :D

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
TV in 1938

From the New York Daily Mirror color supplement, via www.tvhistory.tv.
NBC was broadcasting then, but sending out warnings that the programs might be stopped at any time - to discourage people from building their own receivers and snooping on the experiments!
Gotta love the dummy - her swimsuit said RCA and NBC on it.
Also note the belt-back suit on the cameraman. Don't envy his job too much - they needed so much light to get a decent picture back then that he had to work in temperatures topping 120¬?...

1938_May_22_NY_MIRROR_MAGb.JPG

Caleb Moore

Familiar Face
I don't have a vintage desktop at the moment, but I'm glad you brought this up because what I've been looking for is a desktop that resembles a vintage desk top. In other words, something that looks like, I dunno, Sam Spade's desk or something. Just thought it might be neat to have.

So if anyone knows of such a thing...

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
My desktop.

mydesktop.jpg

Its from a print I did (one in a series) of obviously Blackface images. That type of art has always been of great,slightly obsessive interest to me. I have this image on my desktop and my Powerbook.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters