Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your 2021 hats

I hope you’ve got a very wide angled lens!
I'm taking a short cut here, Gary.
Finders:
finders.jpg

and keepers:
keepers.jpg

Show it to Etsuko and tell her how lucky she is:D

Finders:
View attachment 392518

and keepers:
View attachment 392519

This single post is both beautiful and horrifying. I first started looking at the hats thinking, "I like that one, and that one, and that one...", but shortly thereafter began wondering how I could possibly store them if I did own them. :confused:

Finders:
View attachment 392518

and keepers:
View attachment 392519

I’m never speaking to you again. :)

so how about a photo of your entire collection! Just give me advance warning so I can take a couple Valium and have a paper bag ready in case I hyperventilate.

The Shoe

One Too Many
Finders:
View attachment 392518

and keepers:
View attachment 392519

Just to clarify, I’m guessing the “finders” are ones you bought and sold on and the “keepers” the ones staying in your collection?
If so, I don’t see the bowler that appears in my 2021 collection. So there are still more!?

This single post is both beautiful and horrifying. I first started looking at the hats thinking, "I like that one, and that one, and that one...", but shortly thereafter began wondering how I could possibly store them if I did own them. :confused:
That is true actually! I find myself on the apex of the bell curve of common hat sizes, which means I can more or less buy a hat blindfolded and have a very good chance of it fitting me. That is both a blessing and a curse as the pictures above show. I have to convince myself that I can't save them all, but on top of them being abundant, they are also dirt cheap (usually). I am now wandering deep inside hoarder territory :oops:

I’m never speaking to you again. :)

so how about a photo of your entire collection! Just give me advance warning so I can take a couple Valium and have a paper bag ready in case I hyperventilate.
Heads up, Brent! :D Here's a teaser (there are a lot of doubles in this pic though).

collection port_resize.jpg

:p

I'll post some pics of the entire collection soon.

It shouldn't surprise us to see how many hats Stefan picked up last year. After all, he's our great enabler.

I'm happy to say, I can see a few of my 2021 new hats among Stefan's finders :)
I'm very grateful to have you around to provide a good home for a lot of the ones that don't fit me, Steve!

Just to clarify, I’m guessing the “finders” are ones you bought and sold on and the “keepers” the ones staying in your collection?
If so, I don’t see the bowler that appears in my 2021 collection. So there are still more!?
That's the idea, Gary. And indeed I missed a few (it happens)!
Finder (your Crosby bowler):
crosby_01.jpg

Keepers (sitting on the bench at Penumbra):
20201222_190438_resized.jpg
panama ER5_4.jpg
panama tisse main_4.jpg
panama vint_3.jpg

Wait, you mean that's not his entire collection???

5Ak39e9.gif

:D

Hats: more addictive than meth!

Great mosaic! Can you point me to the software that generated this Stefan? I want to do something like this with my hat selfies.
Thanks, Bob. I've tried a few, but these are the free ones:

https://mosaically.com/

https://www.easymoza.com/

https://www.picmyna.com/online-photomosaic-maker.html

http://www.pictosaic.com/photo-mosaic.html

The top two I have used to make the pic I posted above. I think on one of the free versions it will show a watermark on the bottom right corner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner