Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your cigarette lighters and such!

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
That's a very nice one, Charleston.

I sold this sterling one a couple of years ago (I hope this doesn't bring tears to the eyes of The Guy in Charge):

MK.jpg

I think it was fifties.

Mojito

One Too Many
I have a few cigarette holders, but this one - my favourite, made of bakelite - recently met an unfortunate end. I was getting a bit expansive with the gestures with my hands, it slipped from between my fingers, hit a hard tiled floor, and a chunk was chipped off. I have another, similar one that's being shipped down to me.

1cigholderall.jpg
[/IMG]

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Me too, Nick! :D

dscn0989.jpg

I'm don't remember where I got the one on the left, as I don't know anyone who smokes a pipe, and neither do I smoke. I found the black one in a rental truck. My father worked for Milwaukee tools. The stamped "Zippo" on the bottom is script, rather than block lettering. The last one is not a Zippo, but a Nesor. The big one . . . Well, it's just a backdrop. lol It was also my father's, but he never filled it. My father smoked until he propsed to my mother. She told him that she wouldn't marry him until he stopped smoking: that was in 1955. He quit cold turkey and never smoked again.

Lee

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Maj.Nick Danger said:
...but carry a big lighter." That's what I always say. :p
A big lighter can start a big fire, or light one of those foot long cigars. :)

yah them foot long cigars, gotta burn the hockey sticks out of 'em...i remember a friend of mine, his were rolled so tight a vacuum couldn't get air through it...but it was good...

MB5

One of the Regulars
I just picked up a Regens lighter. After a bit of repair it is working again.
Does anyone know what Pan Spred was and when it was made?
I would guess some kind of cooking grease.
regens.JPG

OddSteve

Familiar Face
I got this old petrol lighter today. Does anyone of you perhaps know when lighters like these were made?

modernlite.jpg

It says "Modern H.M.C." and "Modernlite Automatic Superlighter Art. No. 510" on the bottom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24