Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your convertibles

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Here she is finished.

P1020450Large.jpg

P1020448Large.jpg

Delicious!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
When I was a kid my father bought a 66 XKE 2+2 Coupe which had rear seating for children. I was big for my age and found sitting in the back seat to be extremely uncomfortable; borderline painful. It got to the point where if I wasn't riding shotgun, I wasn't getting in the car. There were many a time where we had to take our other car which really pissed off the old man. He ended up trading it in for a two seater which he liked better anyway.

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
When I was a kid my father bought a 66 XKE 2+2 Coupe which had rear seating for children. I was big for my age and found sitting in the back seat to be extremely uncomfortable; borderline painful. It got to the point where if I wasn't riding shotgun, I wasn't getting in the car. There were many a time where we had to take our other car which really pissed off the old man. He ended up trading it in for a two seater which he liked better anyway.

The 2+2 was the ugliest of the 6 cylindar E-types. It was designed for the US market, and not only did they stretch it back, making it longer, they raised the roof. It acquired the name "pregnant guppy". It also had an automatic transmission. From the bonnet forward they were the same as earlier cars, so they make nice parts cars.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
The 2+2 was the ugliest of the 6 cylinder E-types.
That's akin to being the ugliest of the supermodels.:rolleyes:

Personally, I think the car has a strange yet interesting look. That's not to say I would actually want one.

6362d2a7e7.jpg

2ce7b8bbd1.jpg

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
That's akin to being the ugliest of the supermodels.:rolleyes:

Personally, I think the car has a strange yet interesting look. That's not to say I would actually want one.

6362d2a7e7.jpg

2ce7b8bbd1.jpg

This is a post 71 V12 model. The only 2 versions of V12s was the roadster, and this one, the 2+2. No 2 seater coupes after 1971.

Who ever owned this car, put the front lips, the Aamco bars, on upside down. Here is how they should look on this car.

2837691548_fdbf00f2f0_b.jpg

Here is a pre '67 Coupe two seater, much sleeker

1970-jaguar-xke-coupe.jpg

Last edited:

PoohBang

Suspended
funny how one car can be the ugliest and sexiest car made. I never liked the coupes but like the convertibles. I like the silver one here, but would prefer a black top on it. white tops to me should just be on big 40's convertibles... black ones on sport cars.

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
funny how one car can be the ugliest and sexiest car made. I never liked the coupes but like the convertibles. I like the silver one here, but would prefer a black top on it. white tops to me should just be on big 40's convertibles... black ones on sport cars.

Its actually a tan cloth top, with a red interior. Just like here.

http://www.foxmotorsports.com/sales_acquisitions/popup/1965_jaguar_e-type_4.2/

I will post more pics, but I am preparing to enter the car in the Quail Lodge event in Carmel, this weekend, celebrating the 50th anniversary of the introduction of the E-type. There will be lots of em there.

http://www.quaillodgeevents.com/pages/thequail.cgi

Here are a couple of video clips of a friends car, a car that inspired me to get my completed.

[video=youtube;Eh6GHd1jR7o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh6GHd1jR7o[/video]
[video=youtube;gyfcqDelWcU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyfcqDelWcU&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
Paddy, nice Mazda Roadster. A car developed to resemble the classic British topless roadsters of the 60s, and with a shape no doubt evolved from the Jaguar E-Type

Here are some cars at the Quail Lodge Event Aug 19, 2011. There were maybe 20 E-types.

This was a celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the E-type Introduction in 1961. The E-type was by design so far ahead of its day, with its aero shape, smoothe sexy curves, torquey 6 cyl engine, full disc brakes, monocoque frameless construction, full rear independant suspension, with inboard disc brakes, and at a measured 150 MPH, the fastest production road car on the road.

Mine is the opalescent silver gray metallic car with a tan top and red interior. The car was completely disassembled, all 60,000 + parts, every part repainted/restored, or replaced, and reassembled.
P1020083Large.jpg

P1020085Large.jpg

P1020028Large.jpg

This is Carl Madsens "Gattino Rosso", the red coupe in the above video clips that I saw in a feature article in the local paper, and that led me to the genious restorer that did my car (Dave Ferguson, at Images Autobody in Campbell, CA).
P1020034Large.jpg

Last edited:

Happy Jack

A-List Customer
Mine is the opalescent silver gray metallic car with a tan top and red interior. The car was completely disassembled, all 60,000 + parts, every part repainted/restored, or replaced, and reassembled.

LOVE this Car
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran