Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Misty

New in Town
Laura Chase said:
Misty, that looks great, did you do it with a curling iron?

I did. Well, both a curling iron and rollers. I use big rollers around my face and the a curling iron on the ends. I have learned that if I have some curl to the top its easier to make the rolls. And of course not newly washed hair.

Oh, and about my eyes. Someone mentioned them. I have enhancers in. Sadly, they are a lovely sewer water green naturally. These kick it up a notch. Oh, and I *heart* fake eyelashes. They don't even have to be expensive to make your eyes look so intense. I got mine at Wal-mart of all places. I have three kids, nothing for me is expensive these days! Ha.:rolleyes:

retromom147

One of the Regulars
Up do

Hi ladies...well this is what I did with my hair later that night after my baby got ketchup in the front of my hair. I had to wash the front out and lost some of the curl so I used a scarf and put all of it up. I got this idea from a movie called Immortal Beloved. It's not really retro but I tried to modernize it a little and make it romantic and not so "Napoleon's girl"...lol. Anyway it's easy and kinda cute.
100_4485.jpg

100_4470.jpg

100_4464.jpg

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Laura Chase, that hairstyle is the cutest ever! How long is your hair when uncurled?
I'm thinking it's the slightly oval shape that makes it look 1920's?
It even looks a bit like those pictures of women in the 1910s who wore their hair short and curly.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
ShrinkingViolet said:
Laura Chase, that hairstyle is the cutest ever! How long is your hair when uncurled?
I'm thinking it's the slightly oval shape that makes it look 1920's?
It even looks a bit like those pictures of women in the 1910s who wore their hair short and curly.

Thanks! ^.^
When uncurled it just barely touches my shoulders.

Lilredrooster

Familiar Face
Spoodles of the world!

I wanted to update every one on my spoolies experience, one of the ladies here sent me hers because they did not work for her, and it was really nice because i wanted to try them before i bought them
there's what happened, they came and i was so excited it was like a little kid, i ripped open to box completely tearing it to pieces, i took out the little blue spoolies and held it up like it was a little plastic piece of heave!, i instantly rolled it in a piece of my hair and it stuck! i was so excited i ran up to the bathroom, wet down my hair then put some setting lotion in it, i then ran back down stairs where i tossed all the spoolies on my hubbys lap with a comb and flopped down on the floor in front of him, he help up the comb in one hand and a spoodle in the other and said "and im suppose to do what with this" to my reply i say "put them in my hair". Now i do have to say he is use to this, i go to hair school and many times do i hand him something and say "ok you do it on me", and for the most part he is doing well at learning how to put in rollers and do pin curls, the only time i stopped him is when i handed him the scissors and said "cut", then second guessed that and took the scissors back.
ANYWAY, so he starts to put the spoolies in my head, they are all over the place and in no order but they are in my hair, and they are not falling out, so i go to bed and the next morning i take them out, to my horror it's a mess! Some curled some did not, the ones that did looks tight and small and all around just not good. So i decide to brush them, NOT A GOOD IDEA! :eusa_doh: it turns into a frizzy mess, i keep brushing and then it just looked like i had a really long hard night and the curls were from the night before, all in all, it was just a mess. but we both had a good laugh.
so if there is any one out there that wants to try these and see if they have better luck im willing to pass them on to you, i did not pay for them and i wont ask you to do that, if you are interested just PM me, and if they don’t work for you i just ask that you pass them on, they can become the spoolies OF THE WORLD!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Holy smokes girl! I can barely get passed the EYES and your awesome makeup to see you hairdo! :eek: You look marvelous, and so does the hair. I like how you covered the piggy bands with another hair strand too.

Laura you're such a beaut. It does make you look quite early 20's, late teens. But I agree, I think it's your gorgeous features as well.

PInk, I bet you got some ooo-la-las at the party! I hafta go see your dress now!

Lilred, the spoolies or spoodles or whatever.. be sure to take the same size section for each roller, and sounds like you needed larger sections and more drying time. Some VO5 or other cream to run over the curls once they're brushed. Perhaps give them another go?

Nikki
Misty said:
You can be honest and tell me if I look ridiculous. I am still trying to make the look my own.
greateyes.jpg

oh THAT girl

New in Town
I literally had 10 minutes this morning to get made up, do my hair and go out - but I made an attempt at a style (with 4 hair grips - hurrah?).It's my first attempt at anything like this!

Main question is this - do you lovely ladies think my face shape/features look ok with my hair back so much from my face like this? It's a really new thing for me!
I'll be playing more with my hair when I have the time soon :)

SP_A0026e.jpg

SP_A0024.jpg

Misty

New in Town
Humor me. My husband had duty tonight so I had a ton of time on my hands. This look to me, screams school marm. LOL Its been so fun to do all of these looks.
thelook.jpg

Even more so if I take out the contacts, and just do my everyday look.
realme.jpg

Helen Troy

A-List Customer
That girl, you have a goregeus face so emphazising it by pulling your hair back looks very good.

Misty, you look like the beautiful school mam all the boys havea crush on.

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
Misty said:
Humor me. My husband had duty tonight so I had a ton of time on my hands. This look to me, screams school marm. LOL Its been so fun to do all of these looks.
thelook.jpg

Even more so if I take out the contacts, and just do my everyday look.
realme.jpg

Wow. I wish I could pull off this look, but I don't really have hair on the sides of my head to complete the look. Love it love it love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic