Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Sunland Sare

New in Town
this is todays hair, victory rolls complete with flutter-by hair pin:

copy2fm4.jpg

copy1ez3.jpg

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Desi, LOVELY!! I agree with everyone else.. those perfect brows! But oh those cheekbones, and eyes, and that smile........

IOF, love the new do! I can tell you're having fun with it! Ah, to have FUN, easy, sassy hair!

Sunland great roll, I really like the butterfly! You remind me of July Garland in her prettiest roles.

Trickeration, awesome do on your daughter. Let's see some of yours too!

Betty I loved your outfit and jewelry from the 'wearing' thread. That necklace is fantastic!
Nikki

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
HOLY COW! I woulda never thought your hair was that long either! :eek: You did amazing work with it. I really like how you did the front rolls. You could do some awesome chignons with that hair!
Welcome to the lounge!
Nikki
Fifties*Freak said:
Here is my latest attempt.
Heres what I have to work with
Picture5053.jpg

The Shirt

Practically Family
WOWza! After those past few - I have to admit I'm a bit embarassed by my latest attempt at pincurls. I have such envy of you ladies and your long locks - just stunning.

Picture023.jpg

I have fringe troubles - not quite long or think enough for a proper roll - but I do what I can.

Sunland Sare

New in Town
Mirax H said:
Wow! Those are GORGEOUS!!

And Sunland Sare, how do you curl the bottom? It looks beautiful :)

thanks girlies for your far too generous comments

i use adee and paul's hot sticks by babyliss

there's 9 large hot sticks for a looser curl (which i use) and 9 spiral hot sticks for a tighter curl. they have a british 3 pin plug, but it is multi-voltage for world-wide use, so all you need is an adapter.

41DV0431Q6L._SS500_.jpg

~*Red*~

Practically Family
The Shirt, your hair is really beautiful! The curls came out very nice inded and your fringe looks great.. I wouldn't have known different until you said something! It's a beautiful picture of you!

Fifties Freak, great hair!! I never would have thought your hair was that long either!! Crazy! You did a great job, especially with that length!

Meggan_Lane

Familiar Face
Shirt, I must say your hair looks fabulous. I had hair down my back and recently got it cut about your length and love it! You can do anything with this length with a little practice, not to mention cute 50s ponies that guys love! :) ha

Ooo I want those hotsticks below you too! I have been itchin' for some! I hear great things about them.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
The Shirt- your hair looks great. The curls are very smooth.
Fifties*Freak- I really love the rolls. The bottom pic with the front hair rolled forward is my favorite look.
Sunland Sare- I love the rolls and agree with all the celebrity comparisons. I think you look a bit like Janeane Garofalo also.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
great hairdo's, everyone!

i did a quick set with my hotsticks before school today. i used too much setting lotion and didn't leave them in long enough, and then it rained on my way to the bus... yet i still have a little curl left!!! i think next time i get my hair cut it's going to be about 2.5 inches shorter in order to make my curling time a little shorter. i was pretty impressed with myself for being motivated enough to curl before class! unfortunately no pictures were taken... i'm having an unpleasant camera "situation".

the weirdest thing happened though. i rinsed out my spray bottle and it was spraying a fine mist of water just fine. but then i put in my lottabody/water solution... and i could only get a more direct, less misty spray, even after i adjusted the nozzle! anyone else have this problem? i can't imagine i broke my spraybottle...

Josephine

One Too Many
ShooShooBaby said:
... i put in my lottabody/water solution... and i could only get a more direct, less misty spray, even after i adjusted the nozzle! anyone else have this problem? i can't imagine i broke my spraybottle...

I, and I know of at least two others here, have that problem. I think Lottabody is just too thick. :(

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
Josephine said:
I, and I know of at least two others here, have that problem. I think Lottabody is just too thick. :(

i love having the lounge so i can ask questions like this! has anyone posted a solution? how are people applying it, or should i just thin it out more? unfortunately i don't have the time to do my hair very often, so if i can get tips it helps cut down on the mistakes of just trying things on my own :)

epr25

Practically Family
Please ignore that I am glowing in this photo. I had to lighter it so you could kind of see my hair. This is basically what my hair looks like on a daily basis. I don't always have the bow.

myhair.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou