Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Thanks ladies... I just think that I have a dumb look on my face. duh-her. Hahahaha. I set and slept in hot sticks for this. Well they are the heatable pillow rollers. I left them in to long though and my hair was too curly. :) I was hoping for more wave.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
LolitaHaze said:
Here is how I wore my hair the other day. I seriously think I ate a bowl of ugly that day... my face is bloody pudgy and fug! So ignore that look at the hair.

P1120510c.jpg

Ok, you seriously make me want to cut my danged HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could never get that much curl even with accidental electrocution.

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
RetroBabydoll said:
Sorry...what I meant was....

I heard the ladies used socks while drying their hair to have a pageboy look (the hair wraps under). They'd take the socks out and it would look curled under. Has anyone heard about this?

I haven't heard of using socks, but I'm sure I've seen a graphic somewhere online that shows how to get a pageboy
by rolling the ends under a huge lump of cotton wool and letting it dry that way. I'll see if I can locate it! :)

Smuterella

One Too Many
Well, the combination of Laura's diagrams, Johanna's photos and comments about only slightly wetting the hair seem to have turned it out perfectly.

I also stole some of my flatmates John Frieda anti frizz cream, and now I have a very curly Marilyn-esque do.

I feel pretty today

*grin*

thanks everyone

xxx

Aorta

Familiar Face
Ladies, you all look fabulous!

Okay, because it was mentioned some time ago in this thread, I have a question
concerning the marcellers. Is there any chance to get them in a European online store? Or something that creates a similar sort of wave?

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
ShrinkingViolet said:
I haven't heard of using socks, but I'm sure I've seen a graphic somewhere online that shows how to get a pageboy
by rolling the ends under a huge lump of cotton wool and letting it dry that way. I'll see if I can locate it! :)

That would be great! Thank you!

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
Aorta said:
Ladies, you all look fabulous!

Okay, because it was mentioned some time ago in this thread, I have a question
concerning the marcellers. Is there any chance to get them in a European online store? Or something that creates a similar sort of wave?

I found this in the thread....
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=15856&page=113

Miss 1929 came up with an idea of making your own if you're unable to find some. Says you can sometimes find it on ebay. Hope this helps.

NoirDame

One of the Regulars
Wowzer!

Lolita, your hair looks fabulous! So healthy and soft!

And you don't look silly...the expression on your face reminds me of Bernadette Peters.

Ok, Here is my hair today. I am not as adept at the camera/mirror photography as some of you. The flash washed me out and erased my chin, but...here we go! It's not up to my usual par because I did not set my hair in pincurls and used an iron.
DSC_0613.jpg

and the inspirational Betty Grable do:

Annex20-20Grable_08.jpg

pretty faythe

One Too Many
hankie help

Ok ladies. I am trying to figure out how this lady got her hankie/scarf wrapped around her hair. It looks like she did it around her hair somehow first and then its up around her head, but I cant figure it out. Any ideas?
1a35302u-1.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
NoirDame-your hair looks fabulous. You are really talanted.
Lolita-I can't say anything I haven't before exept that your photos are not good for my self esteem.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Smuterella said:
Well, the combination of Laura's diagrams, Johanna's photos and comments about only slightly wetting the hair seem to have turned it out perfectly.

I also stole some of my flatmates John Frieda anti frizz cream, and now I have a very curly Marilyn-esque do.

I feel pretty today

*grin*

thanks everyone

xxx

That's great, I'm so happy it worked out for you! Please post pictures if you have some. ;)

Peggy Sue

New in Town
Honey Doll said:
If I am doing rolls, I will set my hair first and brush it out, then do rolls using a COLD curling iron just to get the shape. I wrap the hair up and then carefully work it off the barrel.. pin in front and back.

image_01855.jpg

Honey Doll
Amazing!

Smuterella

One Too Many
i just managed rolls but with a hot curling iron, cheating maybe but I'm still learning

they are a bit too stiff but I'm getting there.

I wish I had a camera

leaette

A-List Customer
pretty faythe said:
Ok ladies. I am trying to figure out how this lady got her hankie/scarf wrapped around her hair. It looks like she did it around her hair somehow first and then its up around her head, but I cant figure it out. Any ideas?
1a35302u-1.jpg

to me, it kinda looks like some clear rings were sewn onto the ends (at the top of her head) and then ribbon was added to tie it tight and have a bow on top of her head.

as for the bottom, maybe she just tucks it a certain way? i'd love to see one of these up close. i love head accessories.

Josephine

One Too Many
pretty faythe said:

I've done that style before (if it's what I'm thinking it is). I took a bandanna (I was camping), and folded it into a triangle. I took the two long points and tied them up around my head so the other, wider point was at the nape of my neck and stretched out as if I was going to bring it to the top of my head. I suppose it would be like starting a Rosie the Riveter style. But then I took my long hair and started rolling it up, and when I got it to where it was the same length of the bandanna point at the nape of my neck, I started rolling the bandanna up with my hair. When it was all rolled up I took the loose "sides" of the bandanna that was going up the sides of my head and tried to tuck/roll them in too. If I was using a better scarf or the like I may have pinned it, but as I was camping... My hair isn't as long as it used to be but I'll see if I can try it again and take some "action" shots and post them. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou