Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

~*Red*~

Practically Family
ShooShooBaby said:
thanks so much, everyone!!!

and since i'm sure i haven't taken up enough bandwidth with pics of my hair tonight, here's one from before i went out dancing tonight. i created the curls with hotsticks. sadly i didn't leave them in long enough, and most of the curl fell out in the dampness.

2320112037_186f311242_o.jpg

Shoo Shoo baby, I might have to find a cute little sweetheart fram and frame this pic of you.. you're just too adorable.. lol

leaette

A-List Customer
shortclara: that cut really suits you! you found a winner! totally love it.

shooshoo: nice rolls. looks really nice with your hair color

MissS

A-List Customer
Well, here's me this morning with my 4th ever set.

mini-hair025.jpg

mini-hair023.jpg

mini-hair022.jpg

I tried to recreate this hairstyle...

TangWei1.jpg

....aargh, I should have known it wasn't a great one for a beginner!

And dang, how do you gals get a decent nights sleep using perm rods? I have very big dark circles under my eyes this morning!

Josephine

One Too Many
MissS said:
Well, here's me this morning with my 4th ever set.
And dang, how do you gals get a decent nights sleep using perm rods? I have very big dark circles under my eyes this morning!

I have decided I won't any more. I'm not sure if it was the pin curl clips or insomnia, but I was up until 4 am when I broke down and removed the ones on the side of my head. :rage:

Ps, I like the way your hair came out, since you didn't have a Hollywood stylist to do it. ::claps::

Smuterella

One Too Many
I'm fine sleeping with pin curl clips but I'm not sure how I'd manage with perm rods. not that I can find any. I think your hair looks lovely!

MissS

A-List Customer
Thank you Josephine & Smuterella!

Smuterella, if you go to the UK ebay site and type in perm rods, you will find a couple of sellers from your side of the world. You seem to have the same colours over there as I do here in Aus. For today's hairstyle, I used the black jumbo (2 1/4 inch) ones. If you get them, do let me know how you went sleeping in them!

Snookie

Practically Family
ShooShooBaby said:
thanks so much, everyone!!!

and since i'm sure i haven't taken up enough bandwidth with pics of my hair tonight, here's one from before i went out dancing tonight. i created the curls with hotsticks. sadly i didn't leave them in long enough, and most of the curl fell out in the dampness.

2320112037_186f311242_o.jpg

How lovely! I usually curl my hair on top, but now I'm inspired to try curling just the back and doing similar rolls on top.

Your curls fell out at the dance, right? That's where the dampness got you? I know I'm repeating myself, but BedHead Hard Head hairspray is the only spray that holds my hair through dancing. You can't re-roll your hair once it's sprayed, to make it last another night, but it'll hold for the dance. It's ~$13-$15 at Target, which isn't a too much if you only use it once or twice a week.

ehappy, I got my hotsticks at Sally Beauty Supply. There's another thread on here that lists on-line sources too.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
red, you're so funny! be sure to make the pic black&white and send me a copy! lol

missS, you're getting really good at setting your hair! this style looks great, and i'm sure you'll nail that movie hairstyle really soon! your eyebrows are a fantastic shape, too. i can't sleep on perm rods, either.

thank you snookie! it was really damp last night (as usual here in the NW!) and by the time i was halfway to my bus stop i noticed the curl falling out! i'll try that hairspray soon! i think to keep it as it looks in the pic i should probably just go with an invisible hairnet. i need to make a sally trip!

CassD

One of the Regulars
MissS: I think you're hair turned out beautifully! It does look like a difficult style to pull off for a beginner, but you did manage it really well.:eusa_clap I have to say, I'm more than slightly jealous.

Snookie

Practically Family
ShooShooBaby said:
i'll try that hairspray soon! i think to keep it as it looks in the pic i should probably just go with an invisible hairnet. i need to make a sally trip!

FYI, I've never seen BedHead at my local Sally's, that's why I get it at Target. But maybe yours carrys the brand?

I don't like sleeping in any rollers either, that's why I prefer Hotsticks. Plus I feel more in control if the set doesn't turn out - I can easily stick another curler in to re-curl. I don't have the patience for wet sets, and always take them out too early.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
ShortClara said:
Well, more drastic changes for me :) I love it! I had it bobbed Thursday night - this is set with hot sticks and a curling iron

MCBlondeBobbed2.jpg

Strawberry blonde! Like Strawberry shortcake! Only cooler. Im lying, shes cooler, sorry.

Mmmm shortcake...

LD

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
Josephine said:
I have decided I won't any more. I'm not sure if it was the pin curl clips or insomnia, but I was up until 4 am when I broke down and removed the ones on the side of my head.
I'm with you on that one. many nights have a i woken up and furiously ripped off my bandana and dragged my curlers out of my hair. but then when you do last the entire night it's so triumphant when your hair is perfect. no pain, no game, right?![huh]

shortclara- you hair is absolutely tremendous and i'm so very jealous. i love love love your wave right over your forehead. exactly what i'm aiming for at the moment. :eusa_clap

shooshoobaby- you are the cutest. i love your curls at the back of your head in your pre-going out photo. and your hair looks so shiny and silky. two thumbs up, for sure... ;)

miss s- nice job for only your 4th set! for the first few months of me settin my hair it looked terrible! you seem to have it down to a T!!!

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Smuterella said:
I'm fine sleeping with pin curl clips but I'm not sure how I'd manage with perm rods. not that I can find any. I think your hair looks lovely!

Boots and Superdrugs sell perm rods in packs of 3 different sizes. They are not the same as the ones that Lolita uses but I have got such great results from them and don't use anything else for my curly/wavy hairdos now. They actually give me curls which *last* and don't fall out after a few hours - and that it is a triumph for my stick straight hair believe me! Oh and I will post some pictures of my pageboy as requested later on tonight!

Smuterella

One Too Many
SarahLouise said:
Boots and Superdrugs sell perm rods in packs of 3 different sizes. They are not the same as the ones that Lolita uses but I have got such great results from them and don't use anything else for my curly/wavy hairdos now. They actually give me curls which *last* and don't fall out after a few hours - and that it is a triumph for my stick straight hair believe me! Oh and I will post some pictures of my pageboy as requested later on tonight!

thanks!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
ShortClara said:
Well, more drastic changes for me :) I love it! I had it bobbed Thursday night - this is set with hot sticks and a curling iron

MCBlondeBobbed2.jpg

MCBlondeBobbed1.jpg

MCBlondeBobbedSide.jpg
You are too cute for words. ;) As much as I love red hair, I have to say you make a fabulous blonde.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
MissS- No one would ever be able to tell that that was only your 4th set. It looks amazing.
Sweet Francais-Love the way your hair turned out.
DollyDayDream- I love your hair and the set is cute.
Last Chael- Your hair turned out lovely and looks perfect with that amazing dress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points