Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

hepkitten

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the encouraging words, everyone! I've got a '40s event coming up in April (I'll post it in Events) and I'll be sure to put up some pics afterward so you can see how it all came out. (Found the dress at a vintage store in L.A. called Golyester. And I've got my mom's '40s green crocodile platform heels with matching clutch, and my Ruby Woo lipstick...Can't wait!)

Blondie said:
Why is it that do you English gals all have such amazing translucent skin ????

lollollol

*ahem* sorry. I'm far from having anything near what you describe, well, pale, yes, almost white, but it's amazing how I can magic away a multitude of manky bits with foundation & powder lol

I wouldn't mind having amazing translucent skin though so if anyone knows the secret let me know :D

Miss Hannah I love the bowling hair!

Hepkitten; I have been doing my rolls for ooo...5 days now so I'm by no means anywhere near as good as most of the other ladies, your rolls look fab!! I'm yet to try pin curls, my fingers don't obey me they way they probably should to get anything good!!

Shamroq; I love your new hair!! Very pretty indeed! I also like the velcro roller hair. And the rolls. It's all good!!! :D

shamrocq

New in Town
Thanks CassD. The short hair setting I did was from Vintage Memoirs site (For Any Ocassion). Yeah I know what you mean by not brushing enough. Actually I haven't seen hot sticks in my part of the world but I'm gonna scout around this coming weekend to see what they have.

Thanks for the compliments dollydaydream. It's actually pretty hard to adjust to doing pin curls from long to short hair. I'm experimenting now with my fingers to get those 'fish hooks' in. Tried the marker pen technique and end wrappers but I still prefer the fingers. I will post some tips if I could somewhat figure out the kinetics of proper wrapping.

I'm really flattered from the compliments, ladies. A quick question. How would you 'preserved' your do throughout the whole day? For instance you have a function in the morning and probably it might end slightly afternoon. Then you have another function in the evening. I tried covering the do in shower cap, but then after I take it out, the curls are somewhat gone. Do you think I need to opt for a sponge bath in between functions?

shamrocq said:
How would you 'preserved' your do throughout the whole day?
I cover my hair in a ridiculous amount of hairspray! I've discovere Aussie brand, can't remember the name but it's amazing! Only 99p too so much easier on the pockets than Tresseme.

Anyway, When I do my hair in the AM I put lots of setting lotion on it & then blow dry it, I use curling irons to get the flip & brush it out a little then spray. I'm actually really impressed as my hair is so rubbish, it harldy ever holds a style, but this works for me through showering too (I don't use a shower cap for fear that someone will see me lol)

I was ridiculously happy with my poorly hair today -

Image1.jpg

Can't really see properly but I did 3 rolls. 3!!! Imagine!!!! Well, you can see 2. Kinda. Made me happy.

Don't you just love my webcam. Excellnt pictures *ahem* lol

TessTrueheart

dollydaydream said:
Can't really see properly but I did 3 rolls. 3!!! Imagine!!!! Well, you can see 2. Kinda.

3!! You people are killing me. If I am lucky I can make one. When I try for two they usually end up looking like mickey mouse ears. Not very flattering!

Looking good Dolly!

MissS

A-List Customer
dollydaydream said:
I was ridiculously happy with my poorly hair today -

Image1.jpg

Can't really see properly but I did 3 rolls. 3!!! Imagine!!!! Well, you can see 2. Kinda. Made me happy.

Don't you just love my webcam. Excellnt pictures *ahem* lol

Dolly, I'm impressed! I haven't gotten around to attempting rolls yet. Still trying to master the rollers, tho I may give it a try this weekend, as I'm feeling inspired!

shamrocq

New in Town
dollydaydream said:

Bravo! I know the frustrations of trying to do rolls... my hairdresser told me to spray hairspray near the base of the rolls. And he asked me to try out Sebastian's Shaper Hairspray. He say u can comb and recomb without flaking.

hepkitten

One of the Regulars
Dolly, this is too cute. And in your earlier post--3 rolls, kudos to you!

Shamrocq, thanks for the tip on hairspray at the base of the roll. I'll definitely try that next time. I loved all your 'dos, especially the last one with the shorter hair and rolled bangs. Adorable! :eusa_clap

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Oh she makes that look sooo easy! Great link thanks for posting that. I really do need to get my locks cut shorter.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo