Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Magpie Annie

Familiar Face
hello lovelies!

new hair from today! yay! <3 <3 <3
2383786023_d3f9e0cf57_m.jpg

2384615236_68cbdb6115_m.jpg

2383786071_52d541941d_m.jpg

2383786049_901689aa1f_m.jpg

p.s. all of the lovely red-heads here in the lounge are inspiring me!! i am contemplating going red myself!!

I was really happy with my hair today but I had a nap on it this afternoon. It held up pretty well, but it's not as nice as it was lol

DSC00064.jpg

There are 3 rolls, one is hiding from you. Shy.

I apologise for my crazy looking eye, it was the red eye removal thing on the computer that made it that way...honest

Laura Chase

One Too Many
MissHannah said:
Ooooh Dolly - lookin' fly!

Laura Chase - I need a tutorial on that updo of yours... it's smashing!

Hihi, thank you! I actually wrote how my boyfriend set the pins:

Top front section is set with 4x3 (4 vertical, 3 horizontal...) rows all standing and going forward. Just like the top reverse roll in Turudich on page 26, but going forward in stead + standing.

The sides were set in 3x3 rows, left side going counter-clockwise and right clockwise, so both go backwards. It's just like the side reverse roll in Turudich on page 27.

Back was set in the neck only, so the top was flat, since I was going to put it up in a pony anyway. So there were 4 rows horizontally and just divided in the middle so the left side goes counter-clockwise and right clockwise, just like the sides. It is just like in the bewitching bangs set.

When I brushed it, I brushed the bangs separately and rolled them to faux bangs and pinned them. Then with the rest of the hair I just made a high pony.

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
I have finger waves in my avatar at the moment, pinned into a french pleat to make my hair look jaw length ^-^

dollydaydream said:
I was really happy with my hair today but I had a nap on it this afternoon. It held up pretty well, but it's not as nice as it was lol

DSC00064.jpg

There are 3 rolls, one is hiding from you. Shy.

I apologise for my crazy looking eye, it was the red eye removal thing on the computer that made it that way...honest

Your hair looks gorgeous! My rolls don't stay in at the moment (new hair cut, odd layers), I'm insanely jealous!

xxx

miserabelle said:
I have finger waves in my avatar at the moment, pinned into a french pleat to make my hair look jaw length ^-^

Your hair looks gorgeous! My rolls don't stay in at the moment (new hair cut, odd layers), I'm insanely jealous!

xxx

I just didnt have the patience, then I didn't think they looked nice on me! I much prefer rolls, my not so secret secret is lots of setting lotion & a curling iron and lots of hairspray lol My hair is about jaw lenth so there are lots of bits that aren't quite long enough, I just force my hair to do what I want, sometimes it works lol

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Laura Chase said:
This is my hair today.
The first pictures two are before I really set it (and before makeup, sorry!), I had only brushed it a little. I forgot to take a picture of my head before I brushed, I will do that the next time because I want you to see how awful it looks before it is brushed.

Anyway, the first two pictures are a little brushed, the last pictures are of it set, I put it up in a pony tail and tried to do faux bangs, but it turned out as something kinda different and right now it is Betty Grable bangs, so it is a very versatile set, but if you want very sharp-cut faux bangs, be more careful when you set the sides, if you have some short hairs anywhere, then make them go away from your bangs because your hair needs to be at least 4 or 5 inches to get nice faux bangs, imo.

Click on the images to see them larger...

My boyfriend set the pins like this:
- Top front section is set with 4x3 (4 vertical, 3 horizontal...) rows all standing and going forward.
- The sides were set in 3x3 rows, left side going counter-clockwise and right clockwise, so both go backwards.
- Back was set in the neck only, so the top was flat, since I was going to put it up in a pony anyway. So there were 4 rows horizontally and just divided in the middle so the left side goes counter-clockwise and right clockwise, just like the sides. Looks aprox. like this.

Fantastic!!
I love your blouse too. Is it vintage?
I am a sucker for period-costumey things! :D

MissS

A-List Customer
I'm loving the hair do's ladies - keep em coming!

Well, here's my latest. I just had a snip - 6 inches off the length and more layers and it's curling beautifully. This is me today, day 3 of a pin curl set.

hightea004.jpg

MissS

A-List Customer
dollydaydream said:
MissS You look great! Loving the top too :D

Thanks, Dolly! You've been looking so fab lately, I thought I'd better hold off posting til I took a half decent picture of myself! Tis actually a dress I'm wearing - there's a full length version in the ladies of the lounge thread. Cheongsam made from vintage peony print fabric.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran