Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
dollydaydream said:
I did it!! I dyed it!!!

DSC00060.jpg

LOVE the color! It's very flattering.

Caroline

One of the Regulars
today's hair

I'm pretty new to this. My hair is very straight but I have a lot of curler experience as my mom used curlers every nite. I think my best bet is a Veronica Lake style-she was my vintage inspiration as a child. I need to grow another 6 inches and dye it blonde of course!
023.jpg

The other side is poodle hair. Just wanted to show everyone I'm making an effort!

Antje

One Too Many
allexandra, you look superb

dollydaydream, love your collor and your great bangs aswel

shooshoobaby thank you, I don't know this serie but I like the fact that I look like someone who's on tv

Laura Chase

One Too Many
This is my hair today.
The first pictures two are before I really set it (and before makeup, sorry!), I had only brushed it a little. I forgot to take a picture of my head before I brushed, I will do that the next time because I want you to see how awful it looks before it is brushed.

Anyway, the first two pictures are a little brushed, the last pictures are of it set, I put it up in a pony tail and tried to do faux bangs, but it turned out as something kinda different and right now it is Betty Grable bangs, so it is a very versatile set, but if you want very sharp-cut faux bangs, be more careful when you set the sides, if you have some short hairs anywhere, then make them go away from your bangs because your hair needs to be at least 4 or 5 inches to get nice faux bangs, imo.

Click on the images to see them larger...

My boyfriend set the pins like this:
- Top front section is set with 4x3 (4 vertical, 3 horizontal...) rows all standing and going forward.
- The sides were set in 3x3 rows, left side going counter-clockwise and right clockwise, so both go backwards.
- Back was set in the neck only, so the top was flat, since I was going to put it up in a pony anyway. So there were 4 rows horizontally and just divided in the middle so the left side goes counter-clockwise and right clockwise, just like the sides. Looks aprox. like this.

CassD

One of the Regulars
dollydaydream said:
I did it!! I dyed it!!!

DSC00060.jpg

Edit - My neck is just hidden. Ido have one. My fringe is also just curled funny, not wonky lol

You look fantastic as a redhead! Did you henna or use chemical dye?

Mary

Practically Family
Antje. I love your curls too. Could you please post a picture of how you place the flexible perm rods in your hair?! And how do you brush them to look so perfect?

M

Magpie Annie

Familiar Face
Laura Chase your hair looks great!!! p.s. i love your color too!

Inspired by all of the wonky rolls, I went ahead and gave it a go! Please excuse the blonde bobby pins! <3 <3 <3

2378854813_09c37db74b.jpg

2379692634_e5d7d57b54_m.jpg

Laura Chase

One Too Many
dollydaydream said:
I used a Live colour (thrown the box away now so I don't know which shade :eusa_doh: ) I bleached it first though to lift the black, turns out the black had all but washed out anyway, but I'm pleased with the result

Thank you everyone who's commented :D

Your color looks fab! I think it could be hypnotic red, it looks a lot like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran