Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Antje

One Too Many
Thank you Daisy I'm flattered that you will take a pic of my color to your hairdresser
everyone thanks for your comment, and no it's not my own collor, I'm a natural blonde but I'm in Love with red

Antje

One Too Many
i2kscw.jpg

v63yp5.jpg

2dlvtwg.jpg

Here's my hair today, I slept in flexible perming rods and it turned out like this, I think it's a little flat at the top but I like the curls tough

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
I'm having a hard time photographing this, it looks SMASHING...I swear! lol
DSCN0123.jpg

DSCN0125.jpg

DSCN0126.jpg

That is just amazing, I love it! What did you do with the back Bella? It really suits your face shape.:eusa_clap

ShortClara

One Too Many
:eek:fftopic: Hey, I keep seeing a lot of Southern California ladies out and about here - we're planning a historic house tour and tea for Sunday, April 27th here. So we expect to see your beautifully coiffed selves there! Yes, Missy, I'm talking to you! /:eek:fftopic:

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Josephine said:
Thanks for all the ideas, unfortunately I don't think that anything would be enough to strip it out, there would always be that sharp dividing line of grey and red. And also unfortunately, most of my grey is around my face so it will be very noticeable. I don't mind cutting my hair short, I've always been in the "It's only hair, it will grow" camp, at least for me. :)

Yep... scissors. Still would be a while to grow out the color tho unless you get a crew cut:p . My only other suggestion would be to let the henna fade out a few weeks, then do a dark brown over top (but not over the grey). Then just low-light the grey with that dark brown mocha color while it grows out, doing less low-lights each time, till you're ready for a shorter cut and it's all blended out somewhat. Hope that makes sense!

I would suggest just hilighting with the henna color, but it would be a funky pinkish look next to the grey.
Nikki

alexandra

Practically Family
People talk a lot about poodle hair here, and I get poodle hair too, but recently I decided to change things up and keep the really curly hair and this is what I came up with. It's not vintage, but I thought it was a neat change.

l_d4c9e0e85ffceee780fcf8d84bc2b3a5.jpg

shamrocq

New in Town
Antje said:
2dlvtwg.jpg

Here's my hair today, I slept in flexible perming rods and it turned out like this, I think it's a little flat at the top but I like the curls tough

your curls are beautiful Antje. What does the flexible perming rods looked like? I'm having a dilemma of getting hotsticks because I can't sleep in rollers and pin curling's result is a bit unpredictable.

Very, very nice coifs ladies. :eusa_clap

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
yesterday i had my first real date with a guy i'm absolutely smitten on! :) i wore my hair like this:

front:
2376701750_d39c2cc082.jpg

top - just casually pulled back with a little swirly action since my bangs weren't cooperating.
2376701616_0029b0ea5f.jpg

the back:
2376701474_cd64fe61b3.jpg

this was the day after shampooing and a bad early-morning decision to use WAAAAY too much conditioner. still the curls stayed at least wavy through the dampness, drizzle, etc! and i got a million compliments on my effort, which was great ;)

alexandra

Practically Family
Your hair looks really cute...but how was the date! I remember you saying something about talking on the phone for ages with a guy you were smitten with. The beginning part of romances are so much fun! You're lucky to be having the beginning right now!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
alexandra said:
Your hair looks really cute...but how was the date! I remember you saying something about talking on the phone for ages with a guy you were smitten with. The beginning part of romances are so much fun! You're lucky to be having the beginning right now!

well since you asked... it was wonderful. absolutely, completely wonderful. i'm a happy gal!

Antje

One Too Many
shamrocq said:
your curls are beautiful Antje. What does the flexible perming rods looked like? I'm having a dilemma of getting hotsticks because I can't sleep in rollers and pin curling's result is a bit unpredictable.

Very, very nice coifs ladies. :eusa_clap

They actualy look like hotsticks only you don't have to heat them

Antje

One Too Many
30wqa2o.jpg

This is me today, I just wanted to post a black-white pic of myself, I brushed out my curls of yesterday and put a flower in

Sorry sorry I forgot to make the pic smaller

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran