Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

MissHannah

One Too Many
Had a bash at faux bangs today (even though I actually do have bangs!) but used the longer hair from further back on my head too and got a pretty good result. It wilted a bit during the day but not too bad at all. I just set it in 2 rollers last night - forgot the setting lotion so it should hold really well next time.

Hair080408.jpg
Hair080408A.jpg

CassD

One of the Regulars
MissHannah said:

I love the faux bangs. They look great on you. Oh, and I want to raid your closet, though I'd probably have to alter stuff to make it fit my somewhat portly figure lol lol lol

MissHannah

One Too Many
My inspiration was this girl on myspace:

l_36618b47d8abb111e89c60f46a4243fa.jpg

I don't actually know her, she just has fab hair and great style. Can't believe she isn't on here actually... I'd love to get my faux bangs to dip down in the middle like that.

Smuterella

One Too Many
Well I think you did very well! I have no idea how she made it look so flat, perhaps she has a concave forehead! message her and get tips and then share

:D

TessTrueheart

MissHannah said:

I don't actually know her, she just has fab hair and great style. Can't believe she isn't on here actually... I'd love to get my faux bangs to dip down in the middle like that.

Wow. That is some fabulous hair. I'm thinking she uses some kind of hair rat.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
TessTrueheart said:
Wow. That is some fabulous hair. I'm thinking she uses some kind of hair rat.

That's what I thought. Something with a wire in it that she can bend into that U-shape. Kind of like those bendy hair curlers.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
hannah, i'm growing out bangs and have had trouble doing the faux-bangs with two different lengths. did you roll your bangs separate from the longer hair? or together on the same rollers? sorry if this makes no sense... i've been wanting to learn to do a faux-bang so i don't miss having bangs so much!!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
dollydaydream said:
What's wrong with a boring old curling iron eh?!! lol

dolly, i rarely have the patience for pincurls either. however, curling iron curls last for about.... 5 minutes in my hair! i usually use hotsticks, which if i use a little setting lotion i can get two days out of if it's not damp or raining. i've gotten up to 4 from a pincurl set before though - so it's probably worth the extra effort once you learn to do it!

MissHannah

One Too Many
ShooShooBaby said:
hannah, i'm growing out bangs and have had trouble doing the faux-bangs with two different lengths. did you roll your bangs separate from the longer hair? or together on the same rollers? sorry if this makes no sense... i've been wanting to learn to do a faux-bang so i don't miss having bangs so much!!

Well, I pulled the hair forward and then trimmed it a little so it wasn't too far off the same length as my real bangs (when it's back in it's 'normal' position it blends into the layers) and then rolled it all onto two rollers - one each side pointing down a little in the middle in an attempt to get that curve (that part didn't work!).

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
hepkitten said:
I must tell you all that as awesome as Miss Melly looks in her pics here, she and her hair were even more gorgeous in person!

So after weeks of practicing, this is what I ended up with for the actual event. I was running late (I totally underestimated the amount of time it takes to adequately brush out pincurls) so I didn't have time to take pics beforehand. My sweetie snapped photos at the event but a lot of them turned out blurry, alas, and the rolls don't show up too well. I'm going to keep practicing--I want them higher!

vintagehairstyleweb1.jpg

vintagehairstyleweb4.jpg

vintagehairstyleweb5.jpg

vintagehairstyleweb3.jpg

And this is the wrong forum, but I just had to throw in a pic of the shoes...I inherited them from my mom, who wore them in the '40s. My feet are a touch bigger than hers, but who cares about a trifling thing like size??

SJBBookLaunchshoesweb.jpg

Wow! Perfect ensemble and hair to go with your new book! :eusa_clap You look great. :)

Blondie

Practically Family
MissHannah said:

I messaged her a few days ago thru Myspace and told her she should join us here at The Fedora Lounge, don't know if she did.
I LOVE her style !!

MissHannah

One Too Many
That's funny - I just had a reply from her saying I wasn't the first person to recommend the FL this week! She's not too keen on forums though apparently so we probably won't see her here, which I'm sure is our loss. I can't believe someone so young can be so amazingly talented with hair!

MissHannah

One Too Many
Well I guess it wouldn't do to have us all swanning around looking that fabulous - no-one would ever get any work done!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
faux bangs

MissHannah one more question about the faux bangs please: Do you roll them in towards your forhead or out towards the top of your head? I only have experience with real bangs, I roll them inwards. But since I'm growing them out I'd like to learn the proper way to do the faux version.

MissHannah said:
Well, I pulled the hair forward and then trimmed it a little so it wasn't too far off the same length as my real bangs (when it's back in it's 'normal' position it blends into the layers) and then rolled it all onto two rollers - one each side pointing down a little in the middle in an attempt to get that curve (that part didn't work!).

Smuterella

One Too Many
when I have done faux bangs I have rolled them in and under, in pincurls, before bed and then brushed the under in the morning

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran