Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

MissHannah

One Too Many
cherry lips said:
MissHannah one more question about the faux bangs please: Do you roll them in towards your forhead or out towards the top of your head? I only have experience with real bangs, I roll them inwards. But since I'm growing them out I'd like to learn the proper way to do the faux version.

Same as smuterella - up and under towards my forehead. Give it a try Cherry! And don't forget to post the results!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Thanks! I haven't been posting any pics of my hair, even when I'm very happy with it, because I don't own a camera. I can't very well call a friend with a camera: "You've got to drop whatever you're doing and come over here and take a pic of me right away! I'm looking so glamorous, my hair is absolutely divine!". It would be funny though if I did ;)

artful dodgette

One of the Regulars
MissHannah said:
My inspiration was this girl on myspace:

l_36618b47d8abb111e89c60f46a4243fa.jpg

I don't actually know her, she just has fab hair and great style. Can't believe she isn't on here actually... I'd love to get my faux bangs to dip down in the middle like that.

i regularly do my hair like this, its easy to get that 'dip' if you use a rat to form the roll...

Blondie

Practically Family
Artful Dodgette ~ you have solved the mystery of the perfect bangs ! But how do you get the rat to stay there w/out pins showing ?
Pink Dahlia ~ Beautiful as always
Goldwyn Girl ~ You make a stunning redhead !

MissS

A-List Customer
Can one of you lovely ladies please post a pictorial tutorial for faux bangs? I can't really get my head around it, especially with the rats....thanks!

Smuterella

One Too Many
MissS said:
Can one of you lovely ladies please post a pictorial tutorial for faux bangs? I can't really get my head around it, especially with the rats....thanks!

Can I second this request, I'd really like Ms Dodgette to give us a tutorial. Pretty please.

Aorta

Familiar Face
Laura, that looks absolutely amazing! And you have such a lovely milky-white complexion. How long did you practice pin-curling? The curls look so neat.

I know it's off-topic, but may I ask you about your skin-care regime and make up? Which products do you use to achieve such a wonderful complexion?

So many good hairs at the moment!!!

Laura; The pin curls are so neat, perhaps one day I will try.

I find that the curling irons work ok for me, I use lots of setting lotion & hairspray though. This morning I set my hair in foam rollers & must say I rather like the result, softer waves than I've done before. Lets hope it doesn't rain on me :rolleyes:

MissHannah

One Too Many
I'm thirding the suggestion! Faux-bangs-with-hair-rat tutorial is a must PLEASE!!

Edit: having just checked out Lolita's tutorial I have one main question: when she refers to pinning the roll, what do you pin it to?! There's nothing but forehead under my roll!

Smuterella

One Too Many
Fleur De Guerre said:
But then you can see the pins! [huh]

no, the pin clips the inner side of the roll to the hairline

the pin is therefore under the roll

edit - you can probably see a tiny weeny bit of pin at the side, but you sort of pull the roll slightly out at the sides and then its invisible again

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
ah. I think more experimentation is needed! If anyone has seen Vicky Butterfly, she always has a perfect fringe roll, but as she has it every time I see her she is probably very practiced at it!

Laura Chase - your set and do are amazing! I have never done pin curls so neatly!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy