Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

BonnieJean

Practically Family
LolitaHaze said:
...Hahaha I know, right? The only down side about this length is that I CAN'T get lazy. It looks horrible when I air dry it straight. :( Looks like I will have to wear curlers EVERY FREAKING NIGHT! Ugh! lol

Lolita,
Have you tried using the Hot Sticks since you've cut your hair to this length? And the shorter time you leave the rods in, the less of a curl you'll get. I think I recall there are several girls here with thick hair like yours that also use the Hot Sticks. Since my fine hair takes a curl very easily, I only leave them in for about a minute or so before removing them. Using the Hot Sticks could be a good alternative to wearing curlers every night and a quick pick-me-up for those days you don't put curlers in the night before.

4 weeks ago I tore some ligaments in my ankle and have been on crutches every since. I haven't felt much like doing my hair (or any kind of dressing up for that matter), but I have done my hair a few times and discovered that I do have a slight natural wave to my hair (discovered this after just washing my hair and letting it dry naturally). Now I curl my hair towards the natural "bent" of my hair and I think it looks pretty darn good. Once I'm more ambulatory, I'll post some pictures of my latest 'do' to show you what I mean.

And I think your haircolor and skin tone looks nice too!

artful dodgette

One of the Regulars
Lola Valentine said:
A wee question about the faux bangs.... I have my rat, can roll my hair around it, spread it along the rat and make it into the U shape, but then how do I pin it all in place?! I feel like the edges of the bangs won't stay in place because of the rat, but can't do it without the rat!! I hope that makes sense :p

hey lola,
you push thec pins into thec ends of the rat, trapping one prong into the rat and one to the hair on your head, then push a fewc pins into the rat along the side, i hope this makes sense!

16_sparrows

Vendor
I finally got the knack of rolls! I have been able to do the high victory rolls, but because of my long face, I just look awful with them. So, I've been working on making ones closer to the head, which are looking much nice with my face shape. Here's what I came up with in a pinch when I was invited for some drinks at the last minute.

2406374494_a740bd470e_m.jpg

2406374618_6dc8724940_m.jpg

You can view them larger here and here.

MissHannah

One Too Many
16_sparrows said:
I finally got the knack of rolls! I have been able to do the high victory rolls, but because of my long face, I just look awful with them. So, I've been working on making ones closer to the head, which are looking much nice with my face shape. Here's what I came up with in a pinch when I was invited for some drinks at the last minute.

2406374494_a740bd470e_m.jpg

2406374618_6dc8724940_m.jpg

You can view them larger here.

Looking really gorgeous and chic! I have a long face too so can't do anything too high on my head. The link didn't take me directly to those photos but I really enjoyed browsing your flickr for a while :)

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Pamina, thanks for those photos! Always nice to see something different and continental hair always seems much braver! I love those pics of liberated Paris where the girls hair is huggge!
Great pics.
K

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Antje, that turned out so amazing! It didn't look like you had that many rollers in, but the hair looks heavenly and very curly.

I have to know which lipstick that is, I'm looking for an orange one. Is it really orange or is it just the light in the photo?

Antje

One Too Many
Thank you all, :)

I didn't wear a lot of rollers but it turned out like a mass of curls
my lipstick is Mac Russian Red so I think it's the light in the picture
its really red and not orange

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I got my hair all cut off today. Because of where the breakage started, I ended up much shorted than I had originally planned. Still not quite sure I like it and I haven't tried setting it. Hubby is leaving for a business trip tomorrow, which means I can spend my nights in curlers without consequences lol
2417173864_7c0f70bf5d.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR