Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Blondie

Practically Family
Kamikat ~ I think it suits you ! Will probably take a while to find a set you like,
but am sure it will look even cuter, you are looking great, you look like you must still be losing weight , good on you :eusa_clap

Barbigirl

Practically Family
unplanned rolls

I tossed my hair up into this the other day and was pleased how it came out though the back wasn't very curly.
IMG_5279.jpg

Hmmm, I do seriously need a dye job.

MissS

A-List Customer
The Shirt said:
Finally got some wedding photos back. Don't mind the mugging.

AX797IOCA0OQXMJCAVQRUE9CAU0YXDICAH4.jpg

PIS.jpg

I agree - black hair is hard to show the rolls and curls!

Wow, Shirt, you look stunning! What a fabulous colour on you! I'm commiserating with you re the curls and rolls not showing up, but from what I can see, it looks wonderful. The flowers are stunning, tho I must ask, did they stay in all day in that position?

MissS

A-List Customer
kamikat said:
I got my hair all cut off today. Because of where the breakage started, I ended up much shorted than I had originally planned. Still not quite sure I like it and I haven't tried setting it. Hubby is leaving for a business trip tomorrow, which means I can spend my nights in curlers without consequences lol

Kamikat, you look stunning with short hair - it makes your eyes and lips really wow!

MissS

A-List Customer
Barbigirl said:
I tossed my hair up into this the other day and was pleased how it came out though the back wasn't very curly.
Hmmm, I do seriously need a dye job.

Perfect rolls, Barbigirl! I must, I must, attempt some rolls!

hepkitten

One of the Regulars
Antje, your hair is gorgeous as always. I'm impressed with how versatile you are with it--I love seeing what your latest is.

Shirt, I love the flowers, you look beautiful!

Kamikat, what a cute cut! (say that five times fast...) It sets off your features wonderfully.

Barbigirl, I'm jealous of those rolls!

I'm doing a reading tomorrow for a sorority group--all women in their 80s, who lived through WWII! I won't have time for pin curls, but I'll be attempting rolls again and putting the back in a snood. We'll see how it comes out...and we'll see what they think! lol

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
Antje, I am totally in love with your hair! And the color is spectacular!

Kami, the new cut looks fabulous! Very chic :eusa_clap

Everyone is doing such great hair!

Antje

One Too Many
Swingtimegal and hepkitten, you make me blush thank you for your comments

lil mis a, love your do, I call those flexible perming rods, but I use them also, their really great I don't know what i have to do without them

Naama

Practically Family
kamikat said:
I got my hair all cut off today. Because of where the breakage started, I ended up much shorted than I had originally planned. Still not quite sure I like it and I haven't tried setting it. Hubby is leaving for a business trip tomorrow, which means I can spend my nights in curlers without consequences lol
2417173864_7c0f70bf5d.jpg

This is cute :) And, I think you lost a lot of weight again (or does it just seem to be?) You look great!

Naama

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
Lil Mis!
Gotta love poundland. Do yuo have Home Bargains too? Excellent for cheap hair stuff!

Loving the curls...really cute!

I am trying to think of an up do to go to a dance this weekend. Hair is past my shoulders and naturally curly, but I will set it. Any inspiration?

K

The Shirt

Practically Family
Thank you MissS and Hepkitten. Sometimes I feel like I"m slacking with all these gorgeous 'dos posted in here. Thought I better contribute.

The flowers are stunning, tho I must ask, did they stay in all day in that position?

They were tough to get to stay. They are real - I bought myself a dozen and went thru 5, breaking the stems off as I put them in. :( My hair is course and holds a curl well but not too much of it. I clipped them in by crossing hairpins in an x at the stems. I ratted the hair as much as I could right in that spot too.

hepkitten

One of the Regulars
My hair yesterday...rolls in the front, snood in the back.

WebAlbertinas4.jpg

WebAlbertinas3.jpg

WebAlbertinas1.jpg

I met with a group of ladies in their 80s and 90s for lunch and a book reading. If I'm half as active and sharp at that age, I'll be a happy camper! They were wonderful, and funny as hell. We talked a bit about vintage hair, and boy, were they all glad the days of pin curls are over. lol

Time to start practicing other 'dos...watching all of you ladies is making me brave.

Tamamiko

One of the Regulars
This was my hair the other day... I just didn't get in here to post it then...
04-15-08_18161.jpg

Two Victory rolls in the front and a French twist up the back.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
hepkitten, I'm in love with your do! Thanks for sharing that story too.
hepkitten said:
My hair yesterday...rolls in the front, snood in the back.
WebAlbertinas4.jpg

I met with a group of ladies in their 80s and 90s for lunch and a book reading. If I'm half as active and sharp at that age, I'll be a happy camper! They were wonderful, and funny as hell. We talked a bit about vintage hair, and boy, were they all glad the days of pin curls are over. lol

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Lil' Miss A said:
I went to poundland the other day and they have the spongy bendy rollers you can sleep in.

Wow! i love them..this is how it turned out :)

Hairdo1sm.jpg

I bought those a few years ago from Poundland too but I find them terribly uncomfortable to sleep in!

Antje

One Too Many
Hepkitten, you're hair looks great, are you wearing a large or a small snood.
I bought a small one but I tought i was buying a large one so i can't get my hair into it.

I hope to post a pic soon, I have to be a model a beautyskool today for a college of mine, she has to do an updo and she wanted to try to do a vintage updo esspecialy for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR