Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful picture Lolita. You both look amazing and what a clever idea.
Thanks for the complement. I really liked that style as it's the first time I have worn my hair super curly without looking matronly. I am trying to embrace that fact that my hair will never be any longer than it is now.

BonnieJean

Practically Family
LolitaHaze said:
Now for something completely different. RedHotRidinhood and I were asked to model some clothes for a tv segment here in AZ on mid-centry modern. I don't know what got into me, but when I heard this I thought the most brilliant thing in the world would to go as Samantha Stephens and Endora from Bewitched! I did our hair and makeup and even now I am tickled with the results!!! Thank goodness everyone loved us as much as we loved us! Hahahha
P1130598c.jpg

You both look fabulous and, Lolita, you're almost a dead ringer for Elizabeth Montgomery! My big question is can you wiggle your nose like her? ;)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
DeadpanDiva... Thank you. Hehehee... have you tried taking prenatal pills? That always works for me. Gets my hair to grow like wildfire.

Bonnie Jean... Thanks so much. Sadly, no, I can't twitch my nose... and I will find out just how badly it looks when I watch the broadcast of the segment. Hahahaha it is going to be AWFUL! Hah!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
LolitaHaze said:
DeadpanDiva... Thank you. Hehehee... have you tried taking prenatal pills? That always works for me. Gets my hair to grow like wildfire.

I have tried but I can never remember to take them. :eusa_doh:

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
First try with hot rollers

2444781104_7c830751f9.jpg

It was alot curlier on the bottom but by the time my mom came home with the camera they started to go flat. I was still happy with the results.

Snookie

Practically Family
Here's my attempt at a simple 30's style - my inspiration is Ginger Roger's hair from the "Night and Day" number in The Gay Divorcee. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjrWAMhxGOs It's a sorry attempt compared to DeadPanDiva's cute hair! I just used a headband I had on hand, I want to get a braid hairpiece but I don't know how to shop for one. [huh] Probably go to the store and ask!

2447102564_10cd3808ef.jpg

Amanda Five-O

New in Town
Snookie said:
Here's my attempt at a simple 30's style - my inspiration is Ginger Roger's hair from the "Night and Day" number in The Gay Divorcee. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjrWAMhxGOs It's a sorry attempt compared to DeadPanDiva's cute hair! I just used a headband I had on hand, I want to get a braid hairpiece but I don't know how to shop for one. [huh] Probably go to the store and ask!

2447102564_10cd3808ef.jpg

Your do is ADORABLE and totally suits you! (Did you pin-curl?).
I bought an artificial braid from Ebay last year. Maybe you could try there. :)

ShortClara

One Too Many
Snookie, DeadPan, Lolita and all you other ladies, it's all so pretty! I tried to do Clara Bow hair for my little photoshoot with Lee (Mr Newport Custom). It turned out pretty cute, but I really underdid the eyemakeup I think :(. Oh, well. I'll do better next time.

Martti-Candlelit.jpg

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Rockapin-up said:
2444781104_7c830751f9.jpg

It was alot curlier on the bottom but by the time my mom came home with the camera they started to go flat. I was still happy with the results.
Very pretty! It looks really nice curly at the ends. I also like how your flower lays sort of flat against your head, it's very pretty that way.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I didn't take any pics of a good set yesterday but fortunately my friend Joanne did! So here's a side view (I'm the one in pink):

l_9d819c8eb1f29f552feb7f3b80ceac82.jpg

and a front view (that's me on the right):
l_0e6116b40109c51e9850bccffe3e5c9a.jpg

MissHannah

One Too Many
Fab ringlets Bella!

My amazingly quick and successful french twist and front pomp/roll thing on friday:
Hair270408A.jpg
Hair270408.jpg

Please disregard the cat hair stuck to my sweater!

Snookie

Practically Family
Amanda Five-O said:
Your do is ADORABLE and totally suits you! (Did you pin-curl?).
I bought an artificial braid from Ebay last year. Maybe you could try there. :)

I use Hot Sticks, I can't be bothered with wet sets! I did basically the same set I posted in the sets thread, but did a center part instead. I'm going to use the smaller rollers on the bottom next time, my curls weren't quite tight enough.

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
I love how smooth and shiny everything looks. Did you use any sort of finishing product?

Thank you so much Audrey Horne. The only thing I used was a lot of styling spry gel. My hair is always shiny and very fine so that is the only thing I could use to keep all my layers together to do the front roll :D I just went to Sally Beauty Salon and bought a bottle of Lotta Body so we'll see how that does

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda