Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
30's hair... similar to Snookie's... although I think hers looks better. Yay Snookie! Ignore my goofy expressions... I was being a nutter!

9078c.jpg
9075c.jpg

Sunny

One Too Many
LolitaHaze said:
30's hair... similar to Snookie's... although I think hers looks better. Yay Snookie! Ignore my goofy expressions... I was being a nutter!

9078c.jpg
9075c.jpg
You look darling! :eusa_clap

Snookie

Practically Family
Wow, Cherry Lips and Lolita...those are the kind of compliments that make a girl want to keep posting! Lo, love the do - trust me, it's better than mine (I did little deceptive camera angling for the best shot ;) ). Wish I had all your great poses, too!

BonnieJean

Practically Family
I haven't posted a picture in a while and thought I'd share my look today. Actually, this is how I usually look most days. I do my hair with Hot Sticks and can do my hair in about 10 minutes or less. I do have a slight natural wave to my hair and it takes a curl fairly easily, so that helps too.
I love all the looks you gals have posted so far!

me_4-30-08000.JPG

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
bonnie, your curls are always so perfectly everyday-30s looking!

everyone looks fantastic!!! i'll post more pics soon, once i get my new camera or get my boyfriend to take some with his! i cut bangs again.

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Darhling,
I have the pink/lavender Conair Hot Sticks set. But I didn't like the smaller (pink) rods (for me, they give too tight of a curl), so I contacted the company (There's an address and phone # with the instructions and you can find the company's phone # online too.) and ordered more of the larger size. They sell extra rods in packages of 3 for about $2 (USD). So I purchased 3 sets of 3 and have 2 as "spares". Now my full set is all the larger rods, but I can use my smaller ones if I want to. My extra rods came in the lime green color, so I don't think there is really is a difference between the lime green/pink and the lavendar/pink. Its just that there are 7 of each size. But I think I saw that there is a larger set of rods (with more rods, same two sizes), but I can't remember where I saw it online. I think Snookie uses both sizes of the rods. You might be happy with using both the small and the larger rods. I had to play around with my hair a bit to decide on the size of curls I wanted.
Best wishes! I couldn't live without my Hot Sticks, I've gotten my money's worth and then some! (Since you live in Sweden, I'm sure some of the other gals overseas could recommend some hot sticks, too.)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Lolita you look so adorable--a more glamorous Deanna Durbin! And if (after my hair grows out again) I could ever get curls that looked like BonnieJean's I could die a happy woman.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
thank you so much Bonnie for that GREAT answer!! I am too looking for hot sticks that gives larger curls, so now I know that I can order more of the larger ones if neccessary! BTW what a cute little 'beauty cubicle' you have made (of what I can see) with brushes, necklaces and a pic og Humprey bogart ( ? ) ..

BonnieJean

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
Lolita you look so adorable--a more glamorous Deanna Durbin! And if (after my hair grows out again) I could ever get curls that looked like BonnieJean's I could die a happy woman.

You can! Hot Sticks are SO easy, even I (who can't do a 40s roll for the life of me--I'm all thumbs) can do them. You ought to try them even while your hair grows out. You probably wouldn't have to leave them in barely a minute or two. :)

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Darhling said:
thank you so much Bonnie for that GREAT answer!! I am too looking for hot sticks that gives larger curls, so now I know that I can order more of the larger ones if neccessary! BTW what a cute little 'beauty cubicle' you have made (of what I can see) with brushes, necklaces and a pic og Humprey bogart ( ? ) ..

That's my "vanity in an armoir". Since I don't have the money nor the space right now for a vintage vanity, I created one inside of my armoir. I printed out some classic movie stars photos (female stars of the 30s) and put them on the inside of the doors for inspiration. Then I decided to print out a few of my favorite leading men from the 30s and 40 and framed those and have them placed around my vanity area. Yes, that's Bogey you see in my photo. Isn't he dreamy?

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
BonnieJean said:
That's my "vanity in an armoir". Since I don't have the money nor the space right now for a vintage vanity, I created one inside of my armoir. I printed out some classic movie stars photos (female stars of the 30s) and put them on the inside of the doors for inspiration. Then I decided to print out a few of my favorite leading men from the 30s and 40 and framed those and have them placed around my vanity area. Yes, that's Bogey you see in my photo. Isn't he dreamy?

What agreat idea!! I have done the same when I didn't have the space for a free standing vanity.. You are so creative! oh yes - Bogey is dreamy :)

Magpie Annie

Familiar Face
Hair270408A.jpg
Hair270408.jpg

miss hannah this look is great on you! all of your recent posts have been fabulous! I really love the color of your flower against your hair!!! :eusa_clap

Snookie

Practically Family
BonnieJean said:
I haven't posted a picture in a while and thought I'd share my look today. Actually, this is how I usually look most days. I do my hair with Hot Sticks and can do my hair in about 10 minutes or less. I do have a slight natural wave to my hair and it takes a curl fairly easily, so that helps too.
I love all the looks you gals have posted so far!

me_4-30-08000.JPG

Always love your hair! You know, if you're ever interested in posting a tutorial, I'd love to see it...;)

I'm glad to hear that it's possible to buy additional rollers -- I do use both sizes, but I usually feel that the small ones are too small. I'd like to have more of the larger size. Yea!

MissHannah

One Too Many
Magpie Annie said:
miss hannah this look is great on you! all of your recent posts have been fabulous! I really love the color of your flower against your hair!!! :eusa_clap

Thank you Magpie Annie - it was a very good hair day that day - sadly they have all been bad ones since! Isn't it funny how you can do your hair the same way several times and it looks different every time!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
So, I got my perm, and while right now I am not very happy with it, at least it is giving my hair a little bit more umph so that I dont need a rat to do this do. I'm not sure to how long it is going to stay up, as that I dont have any hairspray in it (dont want to gunk it up to much since I cant wash it yet) and only a few bobby pins. Also, the washing she did, plus the chemicals took all my semi-perm color out....makes me sad, cant wait until I can put more in.
wait006.jpg

wait007.jpg

wait008.jpg

wait009.jpg

ooopps, had to resize

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR