Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
I admit, I'm a tiny bit envious of y'all. Fleur?? Too cute! Everyone is more talented than me when it comes to hair. I'm hair-handicapped, and I just can't justify spending time on my hair. My hair cutrix understands this and it's also handy that I like my hair to be *classic classic classic* in a 20's-30-s inspired bobs, which varies in length depending on my mood. Right now it's a bit longer of a bob, more Garbo-y Crawford-y early 30's, but here's the basic shape:

hair4.jpg

hair3.jpg

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
:eek:fftopic: beaucaillou, are you the stunning gal in the pumps and beret i saw on the 12 bus monday? (i'm from portland too!)

and, so i post something ON topic, i actually did my hair on sunday for a dance. i used rollers in the back, and pincurls on the sides. not my best effort, but was somewhat pleased with the results :)
haircrop7.jpg
haircrop1.jpg

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I pretty much do the same style Kim does. My hair is about mid-neck length, very thick and coarse. I fake my rolls with combs. That's how it is styled in my avatar. Just backcomb the sides a bit for volume and pull them up, slide the combs in to hold it, and then hit the rest with a curling iron and brush, or flip it up - I have seen a lot of 1940s photos of women with hair flipped up in the back. You could also curl the back a bit and wear a snood, if your hair is long enough.

Here are a few pictures of the way this looks on me (sorry I don't have any shots of it outside of uniforms):

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/pmburk/Lancaster 2006/DSCN14453.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/pmburk/Lancaster 2006/DSCN143311.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/pmburk/36th Div Reunion 2006/DSCN1391.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/pmburk/WASP and 2006 Fly-In/DSCN1254b1.jpg

Kim_B

Practically Family
ShooShooBaby said:
:eek:fftopic: beaucaillou, are you the stunning gal in the pumps and beret i saw on the 12 bus monday? (i'm from portland too!)

and, so i post something ON topic, i actually did my hair on sunday for a dance. i used rollers in the back, and pincurls on the sides. not my best effort, but was somewhat pleased with the results :)
haircrop7.jpg
haircrop1.jpg

Can I just say that you are cute as can be without sounding weird?! Too bad...I'll say it anyway! :)

Emmababy

One of the Regulars
fleur don't be silly! seeing how beautiful you were in avs convinced me to join this forum! i wanted my hair to be styled the same as yours

Brooksie

One Too Many
I guess you will all just have to check out my hairstyles via my avatars, since for the moment that is what I am best at doing (making avatars-that is).
From a previous recent thread - I anounced getting a new haircut ala Louise Brooks bob, now looking at all of your styles I wish I had a little bit more hair to curl in all kinds of fun styles. I will have not tried curling my hair since it has been this short, I will have to give it a whirl and see what I come up with.

Brooksie

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
ShooShooBaby said:
[/IMG]

ShooShoo, that wasn't me! There are a couple of ladies around this town that resemble me. Must be somthing in the water. :)

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
thank you for all the nice words! you all look great too.

emmababy, just keep trying, you'll get it! have you been curling and teasing your hair first? i have straight hair too, and it makes it a lot easier for me to get it up if i've done both of those things.

beaucaillou, the first thing i thought when i saw her was, "i wonder if she's a FL gal" as i'm sure you know, it's rare to see people who are NOT sporting at least one item of columbia sportswear around this town!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
page boy

This is my attempt at a pageboy. Taking into account all the annoying layers that are growing out, I don't think it turned out to bad. I was trying to go for a look that Jean Arthur had in the movie You Can't Take It With You.
Photo0102.jpg
Photo0101.jpg

Small Town Girl

One of the Regulars
pretty faythe said:
This is my attempt at a pageboy. Taking into account all the annoying layers that are growing out, I don't think it turned out to bad. I was trying to go for a look that Jean Arthur had in the movie You Can't Take It With You.
Photo0102.jpg
Photo0101.jpg

I think that you did a lovely job!I completely understand about having layers growing out!!!!I just wanted to say that your hair really reminds me of Jean's sylye-especially in the front in pic#1.Great Job!!!!;)

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I took these pics as part of a tutorial type thing to help girls on another forum with a vintage sort of style, or rather, show them how I do it. I am wearing my utterly unvintage pyjama top so ignore that!! This is the last photo in the set! I was pleased with how it turned out.

400600956_4a627268b7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart