Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

lyburnum

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
Hair130508C.jpg

I love this! I want I want!

I finally got around to take some pics of my set with my new hair cut. I had layers put it about a month ago and it has made my curls so much more balanced. I am also in the process of going back to my natural red hair color after doing brunette for 2 years.
This set was done with hot sticks which seem to work the best for me.
DSCF2128.jpg

DSCF2127.jpg

DSCF2129.jpg

DSCF2130.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
ugh! I just can't seem to learn how to style my hair! it is so frustrating! I try every night with hot rollers, but it just look like a mess .. :( sob sob .. sorry for being pathetic and whiny.

MissS

A-List Customer
Darhling said:
ugh! I just can't seem to learn how to style my hair! it is so frustrating! I try every night with hot rollers, but it just look like a mess .. :( sob sob .. sorry for being pathetic and whiny.

Darhling, can you give us an idea of what type of hairstyle you want to achieve? Some piccies would be great, then we might be able to give some more specific advice.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
desi_de_lu_lu said:
I can never visit this thread. All the amazing hair makes me jealous and I want to cut my hair so I can actually achieve something ....

:eek: ;) lol

Please your hair is beautiful..... perhaps just a trim or some long layers but don't cut it.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
MissS said:
Darhling, can you give us an idea of what type of hairstyle you want to achieve? Some piccies would be great, then we might be able to give some more specific advice.

okay - First a little something about my hair :

I have really thick, wavy to curly when dried naturally and there is lots of it. It is cut in layers the longest hitting beneath shoulderblades and the longest being about 3 inches higher up.

I want a wavy style that ends with everything curled up under, a bit like this. BUt any suggestions would be nice! Remember I also have bangs (that I don't want to curl) so the style has to look good with that.

p315499_1.jpg

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Glad to help :) (Pigeon Toe I hope you don't mind!)
The trick is using some kind of mouse/hairspray or something like the tutorial mentions. I've tried it without and the curls fell rather quickly. My hair is really thick and I found that I have to take slightly smaller sections or the curl won't hold as well. Good luck! :)

MissS

A-List Customer
Darhling said:
oooohh swooon I want her hair!! So thats a pageboy style?? okay, I may have to dump the hot rollers and get me some hot sticks..off to ebay!

Thank you so much for posting that!!

Ah, yes, Pidgeon Toe's fabulous hair!

Darhling, you can still do this with hot rollers. Just don't roll them tight to the scalp.

This would work with your fringe as well. I have a below the eye length fringe and I just set it with a standing pincurl to give me that slight wave at the front.

Just remember to smooth down the frizzies with some spray after brushing to give you that sleek look.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
MissS said:
Ah, yes, Pidgeon Toe's fabulous hair!

Darhling, you can still do this with hot rollers. Just don't roll them tight to the scalp.

This would work with your fringe as well. I have a below the eye length fringe and I just set it with a standing pincurl to give me that slight wave at the front.

Just remember to smooth down the frizzies with some spray after brushing to give you that sleek look.

I love your hair too Miss S, it looks so elegant! I'll give it a try with my hot rollers, but the weight of my hair seems to pop out the stay-in-put things s the curler slides out of the hair.

limetree

New in Town
I'm a newbie struggling with hairstyling too but its lots of fun experimenting along the way (my flatmate thinks it's hilarious too). I have naturally stick straight and very heavy hair so I'm just excited at the fact I can get a curl into, no matter what bizarre methods it takes or how ridiculous it turns out!

This is the result of my third ever pincurl set (my first is in my avatar).

IMG_4752-1.jpg

This thread is such an encouragement! I'll be so pleased if I can get my hair half as well as some of you beautiful ladies... especially that perfect pageboy tutorial. I'll be trying that this weekend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24