Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Magpie Annie said:
Thanks, and of course I will share!!! I used Loreal "Frost and Design" for blonde to dark blonde color. It comes with a cap, so I did crown and face-framing highlights with the cap, then I touched up roots and made some bolder streaks "freehand"!!

p.s. the cap = not hot lol lol lol
Thanks, it looks lovely :D

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
TackyAnnie said:
(snip)...I'm an employee at the Dr Pepper Museum, and I portray Ms. Pepper in first person for special events.
charliepepper2.jpg

-- TackyAnnie
Sorry no suggestions, but that is the cutest thing ever! You look adorable :)

texasgirl

One Too Many
TackyAnnie said:
Hello Lovelies,

I need some opinions. I don't know how up you may be on your Dr Pepper trivia, but are any of you familiar with Pretty Peggy Pepper? There are very few pictures online of her for me to show you. In short, she was a fictional advertising character for the Dr Pepper at the beginning of US involvement in WWII (Feb. '41- Apr. '42) She was in advertisements and comic strips, and a young woman named Peggy Ellis made appearances in her likeness for special events.

Long story short... I'm an employee at the Dr Pepper Museum, and I portray Ms. Pepper in first person for special events. We haven't been doing this very long, and we're still working out some kinks.. especially the hairdo. Here's the hair we've been working with

Visiting the White House Press Corps in Crawford, TX
charliepepper2.jpg

Any hair suggestions from the experts?

-- TackyAnnie

How interesting! I work in an advertising library- we do Pepsi :) But I'd never heard of this. We have historical books on Pepsi and Coke, but nothing on Dr Pepper. I did look through some books on 40s ads but nothing with Peggy in it. Anyway, here are a couple great links with a lot of samples to give you some ideas. Let us know how it works out!

http://www.lphouse.com/hairstyles-1940s.htm

http://www.fashion-era.com/hats-hair/hats_hair_9_hairstyles_history_1940_1945.htm

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
TackyAnnie, that is neat! We stop in Dublin each time we pass through there, and we always visit the museum.

I'll have to check some of my old magazines at home and see if I can't come up with something for you!

miss_elise

Practically Family
here's my hair from wednesday...i would have curled the ends but i was running late for dinner...

unfortunately i probably should have re-applied my lippy before taking the pics... meh, you can all deal...
P5228837.jpg

P5228838.jpg

PS

A-List Customer
~*Red*~ said:
PS, you are incredibly adorable in this picture!:D,
I couldn't agree more!! you are such a doll!

:) Thank You!

Miss_Elise your rolls are so even! I love it! I think your lippy looks great!

Norty_Lady

New in Town
I have finally made it through all 184 pages of pure class and glamour and feel ready to post my first post :)

I've been experimenting with ways to curl my hair and was inspired by this picture of Rita Hayworth

th_rita.jpg

Here is the result, excuse the uncomfortable look, I hate my pic being taken, even if it's me taking it! lol

th_Phonepics023.jpg

Norty_Lady

New in Town
Hi there Fleur!
Thankyou :) I had it cut last weekend and had it thinned out! There is so much of it that everytime I wash it I find a Fozzy Bear in my plug hole lol

This place is like a gold mine for hints and tips. Like I said it's taken over a week just to read through this thread!! :)

Norty_Lady

New in Town
Hi Smuterella :)

Hello Eve :)

Here's how I got this look

I spray dry hair with VO5 curl and hold spray.
I then section off my part grown fringe/bangs and the sides and clip them out the way.
I then take the remaining back hair and half it horizontally.
Clip the top half out the way and seperate the lower half into 3 sections and wind each section around bendy foam rollers all the way to the roots.
I then do the same with the upper half but I only roll as far as I want the curl to go, usually half way up the hair.
Then at the front I seperate my bangs/fringe and clip them away.
On the side my parting is I roll the whole side on a bendy foam roller, rolling towards my face up to the root ( is this easy to picture?)
Then on the other side as there is more hair I seperate it into two secions and roll them on bendy foam rollers all the way to the root, the lower section I roll towards my face again.
Then I pin curl my fringe/bangs in the direction I want the curl.
I usually do this in the evening and sleep on it.
In the morning I unroll it and run my fingers through to break up the curls and brush it into shape:)

Sorry about the waffling, hope this helps :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot