Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
First attempt at pin curls

well, I've tried them in the past, but this is the first time my hair has been long enough (ish) to do them in the last couple years. So here goes:
This is how I put it up before bed last night:Link:

Here's how I slept in it:

And here's how I did it today for work, pin curls in front and wavy in back:

I love it, I've gotten so many compliments, though sleeping on the clips took some getting used to. Sorry about my inability to look at the camera when I'm taking a pic of myself.

Tamamiko

One of the Regulars
Here are a couple of me today. Just something I did quick and messy.
05-29-08resized1.jpg

05-29-08resized2.jpg

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
Vintage hair experiments

Hi all,
This is my virgin post to the group so please bear with me if I screw up on posting protocols. I have been reading and lurking for ages and have only just now signed up.. and I'm so excited to be here!
I have been trialling some new vintage hair dos recently, as I get so sick of looking the same everyday and like to shake things up. Here is yesterdays effort.
stylediary256.jpg

stylediary252.jpg

Love, Super Kawaii Mama

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Ok....Since my hair has changed....and for some unknown reason I decided to play with makeup this evening....you get a few pictures. I am the -queen- of Unphotogenictopia, so it says a lot that I posted these at all....I was -trying- for drug addled 20's star...but it came out far too 'pretty' for that.....

IMG_0705-1.jpg

and the 'don't try your luck' expression....but you can see the hair more

IMG_0714.jpg

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie, I can't believe how different you look with the bangs and dark hair. i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!!!!! You look so hot!
ok, I just had to say that.:D

MissS

A-List Customer
Ladies, you've been busy! Miss Neecerie, I agree with red - you look HOT with that hairdo!

Here was me today. If you can see it, that is. I haven't been posting here lately, cause well, you just can't see my waves and curls with all that black!

Picture31.jpg

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Miss Neecerie said:
the 'don't try your luck' expression..
IMG_0714.jpg
This is so glamourous, Miss Neecerie! The look in your eyes reminds me of Garbo.
SuperKawaiiMama - You're so pretty. I'm getting pallor envy! (Don't ask.)
MissS - Lovely locks.

PS

A-List Customer
SuperKawaiiMama said:
Hi all,
This is my virgin post to the group so please bear with me if I screw up on posting protocols. I have been reading and lurking for ages and have only just now signed up.. and I'm so excited to be here!
I have been trialling some new vintage hair dos recently, as I get so sick of looking the same everyday and like to shake things up. Here is yesterdays effort.
stylediary256.jpg

stylediary252.jpg

Love, Super Kawaii Mama

Yeah yeah yeah, your hair is great but SERIOUSLY THAT SKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spill the beans MAMA!

Naama

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:
I was -trying- for drug addled 20's star...but it came out far too 'pretty' for that.....

Oh, but I think that suits you pretty well anyway! And I also think, it comes pretty close! All you need is a Band around you're hat and a loooooong cigarett holder with a cigaret (in my fantasie, you are also wearing a black chiffon dress and for sure, a long pearl neklace)

I also often try to go for that kind of look, but in the end, I look like a depressed drag queen.......

Naama

TackyAnnie

New in Town
Thanks!

texasgirl said:
How interesting! I work in an advertising library- we do Pepsi :) But I'd never heard of this. We have historical books on Pepsi and Coke, but nothing on Dr Pepper. I did look through some books on 40s ads but nothing with Peggy in it. Anyway, here are a couple great links with a lot of samples to give you some ideas. Let us know how it works out!

http://www.lphouse.com/hairstyles-1940s.htm

http://www.fashion-era.com/hats-hair/hats_hair_9_hairstyles_history_1940_1945.htm

Thanks for all of your help, ladies! We have a big event tonight, will post pictures soon!

-- Tacky Annie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic