Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Smuterella

One Too Many
***whinge alert***

Hmph, my hair looks rubbish. Thats a side effect of being miserable, too much drinking to avoid thinking = no energy to do hair etc.

Have just realised I'm going out tonight too so am going to have to hope the hotsticks work. Though they never have before.

grumble, grumble.

:(

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Smuterella said:
***whinge alert***

Hmph, my hair looks rubbish. Thats a side effect of being miserable, too much drinking to avoid thinking = no energy to do hair etc.

Have just realised I'm going out tonight too so am going to have to hope the hotsticks work. Though they never have before.

grumble, grumble.

well your hair always looks pretty amazing to me, I am sure you be a knockout!!

Smuterella said:
***whinge alert***

grumble, grumble.

You need a bonnet dryer. Stupid postpeople!!

And yes, your hair allus looks great!

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Upsweep Tutorial

I did a tutorial last night about the upsweep as requested. ;) ..

These are the things I use, ratail comb to section; combs for side; large barrette for back
tut1.jpg
[/IMG]

as you can see-- its a terrible old cruddy set..goes easier with a nice set, but its a FORGIVING style
That being said, some set is necessary to give the hair grip. This wouldn't work on fressly washed, or
unset hair
tut2.jpg
[/IMG]

section off the front ear to ear
tut3.jpg
[/IMG]

pull back the rest of the hair
tut4.jpg
[/IMG]

turn upside down and brush forward toward top of head
tut5.jpg
[/IMG]

use large barette to secure on top of head
tut6.jpg
[/IMG]

use combs to pull sides up high
tut7.jpg
[/IMG]

Honey Doll

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Tutorial Part 2

start shaping curls by hand on top and pin down. If you have a nice set this part is easier!
tut8.jpg
[/IMG]

If you are having trouble turning the curls nicely by hand, use a cold curling iron to roll them,
then gently slip off and pin in place
tut9.jpg
[/IMG]

I usually use the curling iron technique in the front since it gives nice uniform rolls
tut10.jpg
[/IMG]

Add a flower and voila!
tut11.jpg
[/IMG]

After this spray the back with hairspray and smooth your hand over it from nape to crown; use
hairspray to smooth out any wispies

Honey Doll

Tatum

Practically Family
Wow, Honey Doll, you make that look so EASY! It really looks awesome. I'm going to have to try that, I hope my hair still has enough length!

Thanks for posting the tutorial, it's so wonderful that everyone shares their knowledge!

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Does anyone have some good hair ideas for VERY fine/thin hair?
I've lost a lot of hair. No bald spots, but my hair is so thin and there's not a lot of it.
I want to be able to do some retro hair-do's anyway.
Help?

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Hi Tinseltown, I understand where you are coming from as I lost a lot of hair myself some years back now due to stress and some of it never came back :(

Why not try making yourself some hair rats? You can give yourself a head start by using some snipped up stockings to stuff them with. They can really give a classy up do some ooomph! You can even use them in a snood to help fill it out a little.

Experiment a bit, I'm sure that you'll look gorgeous!

Antje

One Too Many
Wow gals,
you all look so super, I'm so lazy at the moment so I don't botter making pic's of my hairdo's,
I really have to put some again,
you all inspire me very much so hope to post soon

Josephine

One Too Many
I got my hair cut today.

This is what it was:

2008Cut01.gif

This is what I got:

2008Cut06.gif

This is what I wanted:

October2007.gif

It's the same cut, only shorter. Admittedly it's my fault it's so short, the lady cut it the length I asked her to, I think the first time the guy cut it too long. Which really wasn't too long, as I like it that length, but too long from the diagram I showed him. It only means that I have that much longer to have it until it gets too long to curl right and I have to have it cut.

Give me a chance to curl it again and I think I'll like it. :)

Here's the diagram I took in:

MiddyLong.jpg

Blondie

Practically Family
I think it looks great a bit shorter,
It's amazing how it seems to make you look younger & fresher ?
You look beautiful !! :eusa_clap

SwingDag

New in Town
First ever go at curling my hair! My camera is sick at the moment, so no pre-event close-up pics.

I was trying to go for a style like Stephy Wilecat's (you look awesome, btw!) for a ball, but the curls wilted into waves by the end of the night, no thanks to a patch of rain on my way to the venue :eusa_doh:

image.php

Otherwise, I was happy that there was any result in the first place. Next time there'll be a higher setting on the curling iron, far more hairspray... and I won't forget my umbrella when I step out the door!

Mary

Practically Family
So stylish!

JessiLynn said:
First shot at fingerwaves in about a year. I think they turned out okay :)
photo221ah4.jpg
photo222jy0.jpg

photo223fl4.jpg

Please make a tutorial! I'm practising a bit but can only do the c-shape and can't get the ridge bit or any volyme. How do you do it??!1 You look fantastic!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats