Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

JessiLynn

Familiar Face
PinkDahlia - That hair is fabulous, and I love that color. You are adorable!

Mary - Thank you!!! I'm not sure if I could do a tutorial, haha! But the next time I do waves I will try to. The website I used to learn how is this one, maybe it will help you :) http://pompsnpincurls.googlepages.com/fingerwaves

Naama - Thanks, I've found myself having trouble on that side as well.

~*Red*~ and gingermore - Thank you so much :)!

Mary

Practically Family
Oh, I've been waiting for your reply! Far too late to try out that webpage's advice but will try tomorrow and see if I understand more of it this time.

M

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I was messing around today and came up with this. I'm trying to find a look that will go well with 40's outfits. The short 50's 'do isn't very versatile. I think I need to try it again with a smaller curl. You can't see the back well, but it's just brushed up and held with two combs, then LOTS of hairspray. I think it camoflages the short hair nicely. It's a little messy, but my pincurls don't stand up to fussing with too much. If I were to do a roller set, I would be able to sculpt more formal curls, I think.
2738968889_057b130f3b.jpg

2738969917_5d59597fcc.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
kamikat said:

Oooh, Andrea, that's very cute!! I wonder if I could pull that off - how about a tutorial for us short haired girls?? I would love that, I am tired of doing the same set over and over and would like to spread my wings as my hair grows out (it's a couple inches past my ears on the back and about end of ear length in front, thick and wavy).

What kind of hairspray do you use? I end up the helmet-head way too often. Or maybe I am just too heavy-handed with it?

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Ok, now I've read about Ann-Margret, and it turns out she's Swedish! Did everyone already know that? I didn't :eek: She moved with her parents to the States when she was a kid. It's quite obvious I must invest in Viva Las Vegas and other Elvis flics...
Pink Dahlia said:
Pink Dahlia channels Ann Margaret:
l_fc92f8bbf2f0941391013f189c9aeb0c.jpg

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Pink ..love your hair color!
Kamikat...Oooooo, I love the back of your hair!

I had a lazy hair day today.lol
Rolled bangs + ponytail + hair flower = Easy!
2739920088_8033d50d79.jpg

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Aw you ladies make me :eek:!

Thanks for all your kind words!

My hair was super cute today but it's been yucky humid so it fell flat before midday. :(

lizylou

Familiar Face
MaryDeluxe said:
Pink ..love your hair color!
Kamikat...Oooooo, I love the back of your hair!

I had a lazy hair day today.lol
Rolled bangs + ponytail + hair flower = Easy!
2739920088_8033d50d79.jpg

;) So lovely, the flower in your hair completes it!;)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
deadpandiva said:
IMAG0083_edited.jpg
IMAG0088_edited.jpg
IMAG0096_edited-1-1.jpg

I used a barrette to put the back up instead of bobby pins and it works so much better. It's my new favorite style.
Look how cute you are! I love the ribbon that matches your dress, just darling!

The Shirt

Practically Family
DPD - I miss that you don't post as much anymore. But MAN ALIVE when you do! You look darling. I like the bang roll on you. I just cannot seem to get it to look right on my face. Let's get together soon ok?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart