Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
Ok, need help fast. I know they're slightly off-kilter, but how do the bangs look?

DSC03082.jpg

Please ignore the background and my missing lipstick. lol

hotrodmama0201

Familiar Face
Helysoune said:
Ok, need help fast. I know they're slightly off-kilter, but how do the bangs look?

Not bad! I have a problem with mine looking piecy when doing a rolled bang and I need them trimmed (like in my avatar) How long are your bangs right now? Mine are around the tip of my nose and I need to cut them a little. I find that using a smaller barrel curling iron also helps. I leave mine in a roller overnight then the next day, take the roller out, comb them, put a curling iron to it, pin it underneath and spray with hairspray.

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
phew, thanks!! Chin-length, because I don't normally wear a bang with my rolls, but I thought I'd give it a go today. We're going to surprise my hubby (that's me and the little one) on his lunch break in a few hours, so I didn't want them to look terrible.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Thanks ladies!

Dolly I made the hair flower myself! It was very easy to do, the most dangerous part was the hot glue gun...because I always burn myself! lol

Desi...these threads move along so fast! I always miss stuff... then I always feel stupid if I make a comment on something 5 pages back! lol

Inky

One Too Many
A Couple of Recent Looks

Heres a couple of looks from July 19, 2008 (going to a fund raiser for my niece)

2744754574_5477e76963.jpg

This is washed out and my hair isn't reddish in the back, but shows the curl better and my first roll attempt :)

2743916343_8c0dc3d335.jpg

And July 26, 2008 (at a car show - I was the ONLY retro-dressed person there, you would have thought I was walking around naked with the staring!). I had a pompadour thing going on with a bandana over the rest of my hair.

2743916271_7fa55f1003_o.jpg

Laura Chase

One Too Many
deadpandiva said:
IMAG0083_edited.jpg
IMAG0088_edited.jpg
IMAG0096_edited-1-1.jpg

I used a barrette to put the back up instead of bobby pins and it works so much better. It's my new favorite style.

deadpandiva, how come you're always so darn cute? ;)

Shirt, I love how it's a little (just a little) messy in the back, did you just pin it up in portions? Did you use a rat? It looks like a french roll, I'm practicing on doing those but I'm very bad with a rat.

epr25

Practically Family
This made me laugh out load! Love the photo!

Darhling said:
So I was attempting to do someting about my hair :

Got it rolled up on hot curlers
took them out
fingerbrushed for 10 minutes
brushed with a comb for 5 minutes
then took the huge paddlebrush and went at it for 5 minutes again

sigh, looked more Farah Fawcett than anything else

then I tried to do some rolls! First went up great, the other one too.. then I thought I looked like someone from a movie.. The rolls had come out pretty big and volumous because of my hairlenght & thickness.. then it dawned on me I looked like this (just as a brunette) :

dracula.jpg

lol lol lol

Up in a ponytail everything went.

Smuterella

One Too Many
golly, don't you all look stunning.

The Shirt - I need instructions for that updo! Can you let me know how you did it?

x

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
Inky, deadpandiva and TheShirt - you all look absolutely marvelous!!! Shirt, I just love the color of your hair.

Thank you many times over to Laura, Inky and Audrey!! Hubby didn't really like the bangs, he said it was "too much". Oh well, I liked them and I'm rockin' them again today, along with an enormous white rose in place of the orchid. :D

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Helysoune said:
Thank you many times over to Laura, Inky and Audrey!! Hubby didn't really like the bangs, he said it was "too much". Oh well, I liked them and I'm rockin' them again today, along with an enormous white rose in place of the orchid. :D

There is no such thing as too much :D
I'm intrigued by your eyes too (I liked the "before make-up" pic because it really showed them off, and your hair looked a lovely reddish shade). Mine are green too, but brown in the center (and grey around the edge blah blah). Yours are just pure GREEN! Lovely :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats