Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Helysoune said:
Thank you many times over to Laura, Inky and Audrey!! Hubby didn't really like the bangs, he said it was "too much". Oh well, I liked them and I'm rockin' them again today, along with an enormous white rose in place of the orchid. :D
I think the bangs looked too cute, but I know what you mean about the hubby. Mine likes a bit more of a minimal look too. It's nice that they can at least see how much fun we have getting all dolled up and trying out new things :)

Cherry Candee

New in Town
Hello girls!

I'm new to the beautiful Golden Era, and let me tell you I'm loving everything about it!

I need serious help with my hair. I recently had it cut to a bob, and even if I love it there's not much I can do with it :(

I tried getting some 'fake' victory rolls, but my hair is to thin now and they look awful. I got a 'Rosie' kinda look yesterday, and ended up like this:

pelo5.jpg

pelo1.jpg

pelo6.jpg

I didn't really do much, just some pin curls and the bandana. After sleeping with the pin curls I took the bobby pins out, put on another bandana and:

pelo4.jpg

pelo3.jpg

and at night it was looking like this:

pelo2.jpg

((I was so tired when I took this picture, can't you tell? LOL))

It didn't turn out so bad, and people at the office actually said they liked it, so I must be doing something right :p

But, I think I need some help! What other styles can I do with a bob, and thin hair? My hair is naturally curly but it reacts wonderfully to heat.

and something :eek:fftopic: ... do you girls think I would look good with some red lipstick on? I've tried a couple and I feel my mouth is to small for such a bright color.

Any suggestions you ladies can give me will be of great help!!

Rockapin-up

A-List Customer
Welcome to the lounge Cherry Candee, I think you hair looks really cute, I wish I could pull off a bob. As for your red lipstick question. I don't think you have thin lips at all. Some of the girls here suggest going to Sephora and have someone help you look for a red color that will suit your skintone............there's a red lipstick for everyone.

Cherry Candee

New in Town
Rockapin-up: Thanks so much, that's something I've never thought about doing. I guess the shades I've tried on are just not right for me, which makes them look weird:eusa_doh:

cherry lips: Thank you SO much for the links! I really need all the help available lol

xoxo

Inky

One Too Many
Welcome Cherry Candee!

I think you look fab and love your hair and bangs/fringes. Your eye liner looks great too and adding some red lipstick would be perfect.

Do you have MAC available in Costa Rica? I love Russian Red and MAC red. I also love Ruby Woo, which has a more cherry pink-insh tone but is very dry and matte. I would also recommend going to MAC or Sephora or whatever is available to you in your area and trying a few to see what you like.

Just have fun, whatever it is :)

Antje

One Too Many
cherry candee, welcome and your style looks great,
if you want something different with your bob you could also try something like Louise Brooks for example, she has the most perfect bob I think

Cherry Candee

New in Town
Inky: thanks! I'm ashamed to say I have no idea if we have MAC over here! I'm not used to wear any lipstick at all, just stick to lip gloss all the time, but I'm itching to try a red lippy. I imagine I'll be able to find MAC somewhere around here, I'll note those colors and try to find them ;)

Antje: thanks to you too :) I had to google Louise Brooks and let me tell you I'm impressed! I'm completely in love with this pic:

LOUISE%20BROOKS.jpg

I think I might try to reproduce that picture, it's awesome!!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Cherry Candee, take a look at this post http://thefedoralounge.com/showpost.php?p=629013&postcount=4332
As you can tell from my avatar, my hair is quite short. It might be shorter than your's. I mainly wear 50's, which is perfect for the shorter hair. When I need a 40's do, this up-do is the only think that looks nice. I set it in pin curls all over, except for regular curlers in the fringe/bang and the very short hair in back. That hair, I use extra setting lotion, comb up an use duckbilled clips to hold it up so that it dries wanting to go up. They were originally supper short, but very whispy and thin, so they dont look good flat. When it's all dry, I brush the back up, use combs to hold it up and spray the shorter hair up. I use enough hair spray so that it's rock hard. For the top and sides, I just finger comb the curls out, than use combs and bobby pins to hold the curls up and back. The next time I wear this 'do, I'll take pics of the process.

The Shirt

Practically Family
Oh my goodness! Thank you everyone for the sweet comments. I'm overwhelmed. YEAH someone finally has a girl crush. This thread does move fast and I take the weekends off from checking.

The hairdo is a modification of the vintage hairstyling book. Basically I did a hot roller set with 1/2" rollers set all around my head. I made a part from ear to ear. I clip the front forward while I work on the back. I fingered the curls out in the back and then divided into 3 small ponytails at the nape. I then twisted them into loose buns and tried to make some tiny rolls with the ends to fill in-between the ponytails. Then for the front I pulled the sides up into victory roll type things and pomped my bangs. HA! How's that for an explanation.

Antje

One Too Many
Kamikat, Inky and Lizylou thank you for your comments It stays perfect 'cause I came out of bed today and actually did'nt have to do my hair this mornin' so easy.

Shirt I love your collor the red suits you so well

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I don't know about my hair. The length is making it difficult for hot roller curls to stay in and I know I don't have the dedication to pin curl my hair every night. I wish I could afford some Hot Sticks. But I like having long hair right now so I don't know if I would feel okay about cutting it. [huh]

And I know I don't look a thing like Ms. Jolie but I would love this length:
angelina_jolie_on_the_set_of_wanted_04a_1.jpg

Anyway, here's what I did with my hair today:
l_067d703a618b3f88ea0aeeae6ed439e2.jpg

One of the rolls and I got into a fight so if you're wondering why it looks funny...that's why. Despite the fact that I was unimpressed I did get quite a few compliments.

Adele

One of the Regulars
Too many to compliment, but seriously, y'all look great.

ShoreRoadLady- The side wave wasn't TOO difficult to do, though I will say that I do get technical difficulties from time to time. I think the more I practice, the easier it will get (well, minus those days when one's hair refuses to cooperate).

kamikat - The waves I did with wave clips, and the curls I did with those conair soft curlers that look like rags except that they have spongy blocks inside (if I make no sense, I can take a photo of them).

My hair is close to the bottom of my neck, with the front slightly longer. I have a lot of hair so my hair is "layered" in the sense that my hairstylist just goes crazy with the razor or scissors to lighten it - though I haven't gotten cut since... wow, I don't even remember... I think it's time for a cut.

Cherry Candee

New in Town
kamikat please do post those pictures! Your hair is indeed shorter than mine, that is definitely a style I want to try on, it's awesome!.

So a couple of days ago I found these pictures from Johanna and her pincurls. I gave it a try and turned out like this:

peli1.jpg

peli2.jpg

peli3.jpg

Any suggestions? I think it came out pretty well, my man loved it too :) oh and I dared to try on some red lipstick as you can see lol I think that turned out ok too :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn