Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

ShannonMB

New in Town
My everyday hair. It's the only one I can do well. *L*

bluedots.gif
[/IMG]

Inky

One Too Many
Wow, DeadPanDiva is totally channeling Dorothy Dandridge there - amazing!!

Antje - your hair looks great and from the pic you can't even tell you need color - love that red!

Hi ShannonMB and welcome!! Your hair looks great, it's about my length - I love the roll on the side! I haven't been able to do that yet - looks great!

More great do's ladies, keep 'em coming!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
ShannonMB-your hair looks great. I discovered I can't wear my hair in rolls with the back down (tow uneven) so I envy people who can wear that style well.
Antje-you always have the prettest ringlets.
Lady day and everone else- thanks so much for the complements. I am blushing. The lounge really is indispensble for inspiration and tips.

Tatum

Practically Family
Wow, I get sidetracked from checking for a week and I come back to all this greatness! Everyone looks soooo wonderful! Pink, I think your eyes WANT to be green with that color, oh my gosh.

I have been doing my hair almost every day, seems to come out different even though I always set it the same. Unfortunately, I haven't bothered to take that many pictures, but here are some from a cigar show I worked recently...these were taken at the end of the night, after sitting for about 6 hours about 100 yards from the beach in Miami. I couldn't believe it held up in spite of the humidity!

082008-1-of-1-2.jpg

I was REALLY happy with the back.

082008-1-of-1.jpg

This is Friday, sorry for the crapola webcam (and me forgetting to flip them, it takes them mirror-image...)

photo-75.jpg

photo-79.jpg

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
Rats in the Back

I tried something new with my hair this time, and rolled the length around a long sausage style rate in the back. My hair is quite long so I was rather tricky, but I'm pleased with the overall result. I think with a little more practice I could get it smoother and more polished, but for a casual 40's do, I love this. I'll try and get some shots of the back next time, cause I know this isn't very helpful. Because I had to roll a little to the side to accommodate the length of the hair, it came out a bit asymmetrical, as you can see in the second shot. Once I get a better handle on how to make this work, I'll add it to the hair video tutorial posts on my blog.

2765932647_3df3d108dd_o.jpg
2765932795_f771c3c22d_o.jpg

Antje

One Too Many
SuperKawaiiMama said:
I tried something new with my hair this time, and rolled the length around a long sausage style rate in the back. My hair is quite long so I was rather tricky, but I'm pleased with the overall result. I think with a little more practice I could get it smoother and more polished, but for a casual 40's do, I love this. I'll try and get some shots of the back next time, cause I know this isn't very helpful. Because I had to roll a little to the side to accommodate the length of the hair, it came out a bit asymmetrical, as you can see in the second shot. Once I get a better handle on how to make this work, I'll add it to the hair video tutorial posts on my blog.

you look absolutely great keep practicing i love you look

mackenzie

Familiar Face
SuperKawaiiMama said:

You look amazing, a classic beauty. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

RitaHayworth

One of the Regulars
Wow to all you ladies - I just wish I could be bothered these days to roll up my hair do something with it.

I just feel so yucky about myself that I cant even paint my nails these days or look after my skin!! Let alone do my hair!

The Shirt

Practically Family
Tatum- Wowee - the back of your hair is divine! Makes me want layers. I have noticed that depending on the angle from the head in which I start my pin curls makes all the difference whether or not the set itself is "same". Perhaps that is why you are getting different results each time.

SKM - you are a doll. I adore this look. How long is your hair down? I look forward to your blog to check out your hair as well. :)

Tatum

Practically Family
Thanks, Cherry Lips! Yep, I was proud of myself that night.

It is almost a textbook middy cut. My stylist tweaked it a bit so I could be lazy and just straighten it to have spiky layers, but I swear, it takes more work than the vintage do's! I have a bit more length in the front, and it is longer on the side that I part it. When it grows out some more, I'm going to try a femme fatale, I think.

Here's what it looks like straightened and spiked....

Antje, it looks so smooth because I found a new secret weapon: Got 2 Be "Defiant" pomade (I can only get it here at CVS). That stuff works wonders; it sleeks it out but doesn't pull out the curl. Also great for shaping those little tiny rolls around my face!

Shirt, I am so lazy when it comes to the back, that I don't section it the traditional way; I just sort of grab the layers and pull sections out of that. We remodeled our bathroom recently, and I went for cute as opposed to functional when I replaced the mirror, so it's tricky to do a real section. Also, that whole "back of the head where I can't see" issue, haha.

The usual set is sponge rollers around my face and the very back (1 or 2 deep on the back, depending on how tired I am) and pillow rollers for the crown and everything else. I roll away from the face until I get to those very back of the neck bits, and they go up and towards the crown. I am a total klutz at pin curls. I used to do them as a kid, and they always looked great, but not now!

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
SuperKawaiiMama!!
U look sooo cute! Im lovin the hair! I hear u about rolling the very long hair!

Its quite tricky.. but with enough strength and a fan (cause I get hot)
I have been able to get it! LOL

Cant wait for the tutorial ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn