Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

AirborneSally

New in Town
Here are a few from my last WWII Reenactment, I have come a LONG way in the hair department...its by far my weakest area! lol
DSC01655-1.jpg

DSC01662.jpg

DSC01663.jpg

Tatum

Practically Family
Laura Chase, wowee! That looks great!

AirborneSally, that is a really cute dress!

Gingermore, your rolls look lovely! What technique did you use?

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
Laura Chase said:
Thank you all so much, it's really just nice pictures.

cherry lips, thank you sweetie, I don't do my hair every day (or every week), but when I do I love how beautiful it makes me feel.

Lillemor, Lockvox is really nice, available at Matas. And just feel free to ask. My hair when unset is maybe just above the shoulder blades? A little layered, but not really, mostly just the bangs, they are only to my chin.

Cricket, aw, blush, I'm glad they enjoyed the photos. ;)

~*Red*~, you're such a doll, I love when you post pictures also because you have such thick lovely hair and style it perfectly, so it's a big compliment, thank you.

SweetieStarr, I curled it in this way, just with an extra row in the back now that my hair is so long:

Thank you so much for posting that! I am terrible at setting my hair, I'm gonna try this in the morning :) xx

PS

A-List Customer
Laura and Gingermore, your photos have convinced me that I need to go shorter if I hope to pull off any of these looks.
I am just scissor shy. If I just layer my hair more will that help?

AirborneSally, you are adorable!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Oh you redheads! gingermore and AirborneSally, adorable.

gingermore, the rolls are really nice, my fingers can't quite do the rolls yet.

PS, hair grows back, so no need to be scissor shy. But you do have gorgeous hair! And it wouldn't stop being gorgeous just because you cut it off. I think short layers just make it a hassle to do pin curls. But long layers are supposed to make the hair curl nicer. I don't know this from experience, though, my hair is totally randomly layered, I haven't had a cut in two years. lol

gingermore

Familiar Face
Laura Chase, did you check out the video tutorial I posted? I found it really easy (I had been struggling with them before I tried this technique).

lizylou

Familiar Face
Two days two different styles

I gave you girls my sultry look;) . Im enjoying seeing everyones hairstyles that I had the itch to do the same! This was my first attempt at pin curls , I had the front really well, thanks to the tutorial, but the back eeehhhh not so nice!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
gingermore said:
Thanks Tatum. I used this video tutorial and put hot rollers in the back.

I tried this tutorial after seeing how nicely gingermore's rolls turned out, and it was such an easy way to make them! Although they are more a sort of faux rolls. They are so easy to do that one can easily do them in 5 minutes for an everyday look. I did them for a night out and wasn't entirely satisfied because I think they turned out too small and too much on top of my head in stead of on the sides, I should have made them bigger by teasing the hair first, but learning by doing, they will be better next time.

Btw, my hair was greasy so the back is just put up in a pony tail with the ends curled with a curling iron.

2871779551_3180636472.jpg

2871779899_09a112f6ed.jpg

Miss Caroline

Familiar Face
i think this is my best attempt at victory rolls.
I as quite pleased with how they turn out, so i thought i'd post. :)

caroline044.jpg

caroline048.jpg

Laura - you are simply gorgeous!

Miss Caroline

Familiar Face
oh thank you. :)
i wanted to get some rats, so i tried to buy some, make some etc but had no luck.
Anyway, popped over the road to the chemist for something and they had these really big hair bands. not like scrunchies and not like elastics as such. I used them as rats. They're the perfect size so that you don't up with really oversized roles and because they're woven i can stick my pins in them.
:) They worked a treat and were 60p each!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Laura Chase and Miss Caroline those are pretty rolls, but what's really impressive is that both of your lashes are so long they look fake!:eek: Do you bat them and make them flutter when you flirt?

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Miss Caroline said:
oh thank you. :)
i wanted to get some rats, so i tried to buy some, make some etc but had no luck.
Anyway, popped over the road to the chemist for something and they had these really big hair bands. not like scrunchies and not like elastics as such. I used them as rats. They're the perfect size so that you don't up with really oversized roles and because they're woven i can stick my pins in them.
:) They worked a treat and were 60p each!

Great, I must remember to use rats next time then! I've saved up enough hair now to make two rats for rolls, I think.

chery lips, my experience is that boys don't appreciate lashes as much as girls do. They look at certain other assets. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic