Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

Tatum

Practically Family
Miss 1929 said:
Great diagram, Tatum!

Thanks! I'm a graphic/web designer by trade, so that kind of stuff is easy for me. If anyone feels they "can't draw" and wants to post a diagram or something, I would be happy to illustrate!

Thanks to HoneyDoll for posting her updo instructions, I tried it on Saturday night and it looked great! I can't wait to do it again, I got so many compliments. This was after 2 parties and a LOT of champagne, so pardon the messiness :D

p9272131.jpg

Put back up a bit:
p9272133.jpg

p9272129.jpg

Laura Chase

One Too Many
SuperKawaiiMama, I am mesmerized by your beautiful Australian accent!

Fleur De Guerre said:
Laura Chase: it's a repro I got from TopRunway, it's made from the picture of the Hollywood pattern that Snookie made her two-tone dress dress from (with her permission).

Hollywood737White.gif

Oh, wow, they can do dresses that are not listed in their auctions? Because I don't remember seeing that one listed on ebay. Did you send them the pattern, or did they just make it from the drawing? I'm so impressed, and I do remember you've previously mentioned how happy you are with them.

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Hello, lovelies! I'm so impressed with all of your work!

I don't have any new images, but here are some older looks of mine:
This was sort of an every-day look for me for a while, inspired by Jennifer Garner in Pearl Harbor. I don't think I executed it well back then because I was using horrid brush rollers.
me2.jpg

l_8781d4377b7520e6b66f014a78290415.jpg

This was another everyday look for me before I bobbed my hair. It's hard to tell from these pictures, but those are pigtails, not just one ponytail. I just love the bouffant look! ;)
n645492480_881592_2010.jpg

n645492480_881596_3095.jpg

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Magnificent

Fleur, you are a replica, no doubt...If you ever found someone to do a look-a-like, you totally found your match! The pictures are beautiful! I think your hair came out awesome! The only way you could have perfected it more was if you layered the bang area more, but you don't need to do that. Fabulous job, just fabulous! :eusa_clap :D

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Fleur De Guerre said:
I tried to copy this Virginia do for the shoot and wedding I had on Saturday!

Inspiration:

2805569029_a214f83b4e_o.jpg

Incarnation:

2894173863_5780fd3434.jpg

2894174495_5e42c378c4.jpg

and later at the wedding:

2893947272_5428e4679e.jpg

I think it turned out quite well, not quite a replica though. It lasted very well though as you can see! :D
Wow! You look amazing. I'm quite envious.

PS

A-List Customer
fzaf0o.jpg
[/IMG]

i was trying out a new setting pattern and the front curls took very very very well. the back, not so much. i wanted to see how much i could shorten the length of my hair and at least i was successful that way. but because the curls in the back were much longer i decided not to brush out but just to shake out and pin up the the back hair into a bob. i am pretty satisfied but with it all were this length and curly.
would very small foam rollers give me a pin curl effect? i think i lost all strength and organization when it came to rolling the back.

Naama

Practically Family
PS! You are so beautiful!!

Did the curls stay in well in the front? Because everytime I have curls like that, they don't stay in longer then 20minutes or so :(

I think you probably took too large sections of hair in the back? Could it be that? Because for me it seems like also in the front you have a lot of hair for one curl, what usualy (when I do it at least) can result in the hair not holding the curl at all.....

Naama

Odalisque

A-List Customer
I had a particularly successful hair night and wanted to share it with you ladies. this is from a dry set with brush curls. I'm still trying to find the best way of brushing out my sets. This is minimal with my fingers and a wide tooth comb. Oh, and don't mind my large forehead zit. I'm 3 weeks into OCM!*yucky*

lounge008-1.jpg

lounge004-1.jpg

PS

A-List Customer
Odalisque, thats looks fantastic! I love it!
What is a brush curl? It sounds familiar, but its not like a brush roller is it?

Tatum

Practically Family
PS, those curls are beautiful.

Odalisque, very cute! Your skin looks great too, really radiant!

I would love setting explanations from both of you, however!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes