Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Inky said:
Halloween was our 5th wedding anniversary and the hubby and I went out dancing. My do turned out okay, sorry for the lousy pics, such dark hair is the devil to photograph!

Some standing up pin curls and sponge rag rollers - left to dry over night with a 1 to 1 ratio of Lottabody
2999649621_86bd9f7aa1_m.jpg

After the styling - I sure do need more help with fly aways, but the 3 curl/baby rolls on top turned out well (and stayed all weekend!)
3000489512_e2c62d4042.jpg

The happy couple!
2999650099_b0981ce6a0.jpg

INKY!!! you look soooo good!!!!! I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!!

Sisu

New in Town
StaceFace said:
I agree with Clara B. Did you have help getting all that hair piled up? :eek:

I did it all myself, and then I had a friend pull a few of the rolls out and backcomb and repin them to make the shape a bit better.

Tatum

Practically Family
Inky said:
Halloween was our 5th wedding anniversary and the hubby and I went out dancing. My do turned out okay, sorry for the lousy pics, such dark hair is the devil to photograph!

Wow, happy anniversary, Inky! Halloween was our fourth anniversary! Your hair looks lovely!

We weren't vintage for Halloween (we went as the characters from Ratatouille), but my hair actually came out cute for a rockabilly-ish zombie for Zombicon on the 25th.

zombicon-0128.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
Kitty_Sheridan and LelaViavonie - thank you so much! I am still practicing with the hair, and I'm glad you liked it!

Tatum - Happy Anniversary to you too - it's not too often we meet other folks married on Halloween - and you make a great rock-a-billy Zombie!

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Here's my simple do---I've noticed a few gals with similar pics....just curls with the sides/top bobbie-pinned...it takes but a second and lasts all day for work.
I wash it in the morning, run a hair amplifying gel thru it, let it air dry almost entirely, roll it in rag rollers (with the ends in wrapping papers) and let it set for about four or five hours. Brush brush brush, pin it and head to work--(after putting makeup on, of course.....not represented in these photos! :)
The curls hold thru a busy, busy evening of running around waiting tables.

I have yet to try sleeping in the rollers, but they are "pillow soft" just as the packaging states! I would imagine they are quite comfy.

I've also done a hot roller setting using the LottaBody setting lotion and it lasts all night too.....and I have super duper straight hair. It's cut in a middy and falls just above my shoulders when straight

ragroller3.jpg
ragroller.jpg

ragroller2.jpg

Miss Molly

New in Town
Pretty!

Ah, that's just lovely! See that's exactly the kind of look I want. I pin my hair back like that now, and it's so easy and quick to do. But I want my hair to be curlier! It's wavy, so would be easy to curl, but I've had it all cut off to chin length, so i think it would go too short if it was curled :( damn!

Tatum

Practically Family
Inky said:
Tatum - Happy Anniversary to you too - it's not too often we meet other folks married on Halloween - and you make a great rock-a-billy Zombie!

Thanks, Inky! It is kind of neat, isn't it? People look at you all funny when you tell them "Oh yeah, we were married on Halloween"! I wish I had better pics from Zombiecon, the hair was really cute. I mastered rolls for about a week, with this great wave in the front, but I never got any good pics. Oh well!

MissAmelina, that is adorable! I'm envious that it holds up while waiting tables! I have a hard time with a hot set lasting once I've gone outside in the Florida humidity.

Antje

One Too Many
5x4krb.jpg

Well this was my hair last week, I was modeling for my colega, she had a demonstration of the new hairfashion.
I liked it but it feels so short. I'm happy my natural curls came back as soon as I washed it.

Oh and the makeup lady said I never had to wear red lipstick again because it didnt suit my face so my colega and me were so upset we just put on a red lippy just before I went onstage

scarlett

One of the Regulars
Antje - your hair is beautiful as is the rest of you. I disagree with the red lipstick remark - the color you're wearing looks good and you could probably carry off the deep "blue based" reds too. You have great coloring and beautfiul skin.

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
I disagree with the lipstick thang too---I think that orangey-red looks fierce. really fierce. It totally matches your hair.
Those makeup counter folks can be silly sometimes. :) I also disagree when they say your lipstick should not match your clothes, or that it should not be too dark, or too bright.

When it comes to vintage inspired looks, I trust old magazines and my Grammy. :)

Thanks for the comments on my hair---I really love it. When I wear it like that to work my cohorts say I look like a "naughty school girl." Sheesh. No sense of style, no sense of style. :) hehe.

StaceFace

One of the Regulars
MissAmelina said:
Here's my simple do---I've noticed a few gals with similar pics....just curls with the sides/top bobbie-pinned...it takes but a second and lasts all day for work.
I wash it in the morning, run a hair amplifying gel thru it, let it air dry almost entirely, roll it in rag rollers (with the ends in wrapping papers) and let it set for about four or five hours. Brush brush brush, pin it and head to work--(after putting makeup on, of course.....not represented in these photos! :)
The curls hold thru a busy, busy evening of running around waiting tables.

I have yet to try sleeping in the rollers, but they are "pillow soft" just as the packaging states! I would imagine they are quite comfy.

I've also done a hot roller setting using the LottaBody setting lotion and it lasts all night too.....and I have super duper straight hair. It's cut in a middy and falls just above my shoulders when straight

ragroller3.jpg
ragroller.jpg

ragroller2.jpg

Love it! :eusa_clap Did you make your own rag rollers?

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Antje said:
5x4krb.jpg

Well this was my hair last week, I was modeling for my colega, she had a demonstration of the new hairfashion.
I liked it but it feels so short. I'm happy my natural curls came back as soon as I washed it.

Oh and the makeup lady said I never had to wear red lipstick again because it didnt suit my face so my colega and me were so upset we just put on a red lippy just before I went onstage

Antje, that red is your perfect color!!!

sadayo

New in Town
Love the hair!

I've been a long time lurker and this thread itself has encouraged me to join the forum. I must say, even if you're not wearing vintage clothes or something that truly symbolizes the era, hairstyle alone will get you looks and comments from the average joe.

The question people ask the most is, "How'd you learn to do that?" My answer: the internet plus trial and error. For those who don't understand why we enjoy our vintage style, they ask, "What's with the hair?" My answer: this is who I am.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
not my hair

But I did my daughters hair for a few different halloween events. The blonde child was a 40's gal for a church boo bash and the brunette, well she wanted the hair but was trying to be bobbysocker, so she wound upo looking more 40's too, lol.
016.jpg

037.jpg

Cricket

Practically Family
I see a couple of future loungers.
The girls are too lovely! I am sure they were the life of the party on Halloween. When I was young, I was too hyper to get anything to my hair done. I was a super tomboy. My mother had to catch me in the middle of a nap to braid my hair. So, good job on such beautiful hair styles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot