Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

pretty faythe

One Too Many
lol its easier doing their hair then it is to do mine. Unfortunately the brunettes hair just looks healthy, she fries it everyday and is in desperate need for a trim (flat iron addict), she has been banned from it until we are able to get the needed trim.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
5-2.jpg

with the help of extentions. I love it. I am going to try and get the bun a little higher on my head next time.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
pretty faythe your daughters are beautiful.
Inky I love your red highlights. I really want to get my hair died jet black with brown highlights but I think it'd fall out.

Lillemor

One Too Many
deadpandiva said:
5-2.jpg

with the help of extentions. I love it. I am going to try and get the bun a little higher on my head next time.

Very classy and beautiful. Will work in the context of most 20th Century decades. That's the look I'm going for when my hair grows long enough. I have super slippery hair though.

I miss being able to bun, twist, braid though it requires product overload to keep my hair from slipping through my fingers and to stay up without all these little hairs sticking out here and there.:rolleyes: I'll try to look for more organic styling products than I used in the past.

I may try to see if just setting my hair on foam rollers will help to hold longer hairstyles when my hair gets long. I'm not willing to perm, do any kind of chemical process or use metal (pins, etc.) on my hair. Just a personal quirk.:) Not a judgement of what anyone else does.

Are they "permanent" extensions or clip on?

ScotchWhisky

Familiar Face
Photo2.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality of the picture; my only camera at the moment is the iSight and if you've ever been to Seattle in November, you know what the natural light is like right now: nonexistent.

Lillemor

One Too Many
Really good ScotchWhisky. Now I just need to get my own act together and try to remember how you upload photos from your mobile. Despite what I wrote about long, straight, updos yesterday, you ladies inspired me to give it a try again.

Marzipan

One of the Regulars
To bang or not to bang...

I just got Bettie Bangs a few weeks ago and am still not sure if I prefer them over my de-banged self. What do you think? My husband and daughter don't like them... wah. what do you think? sorry the pix are so large!

IMG_3799-1.jpg

versus

IMG_3571-1-1.jpg

ScotchWhisky

Familiar Face
ClaraB, AudreyHorne and Lillemor thank you for the kind comments! :eek:

Marzipan, you look beautiful either way! However (I know it's not what you want to hear), I think the hair without bangs suits your face more. It might be more the bluntness of the bangs than the fact that there are bangs, though... [huh]

Sisu

New in Town
The foam rollers worked.

I washed and conditioned my hair, and added a bunch of mousse.

Blowdried it to almost dry, then blowdried each piece before I rolled it up.
I didn't bring them tight to my head.

A bunch of hairspray later, I sat beside a space heater and played on the computer for about an hour.

Worked better than any time I left it over night.

n501783734_1572777_8687.jpg

Marzipan

One of the Regulars
Thanks, Scotch! I love the above pic of you, so glam!

My mom said, "you have such a nice forehead, why cover it?" I never thought about my forehead before... hm.

Oh, well. All of the women on my blog tell me to keep it and I really don't know what to do. I guess I'll grow them out and go back to my usual hairstyle... which isn't even retro, but more like this:

IMG_3397-1.jpg

Kinda miss it. Sob.

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Bangs grow soooooo quickly! it only takes a few short months, and then you will be able to tuck them behind your ears! And don't feel bad...i think they look cute! I am also guilty of cutting my bangs every few years and then missing them....but a woman needs a change now and then! So celebrate your new do! You're a hot momma!!:eusa_clap

Marzipan

One of the Regulars
Thanks so much, Miss Amelina! I'm actually wearing a headband today with my bangs tucked inside so you can't see them. I totally thought I was ready for a change... weird how I want to go back!

xoxo;)

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Maripan... I think you look really pretty with your bangs.. I used to have them myself.. but the wind and I are enemys so I always was fixing them.. LOL no matter how much hairspray I put in them :)
Either way you are beauitiful!
Just my 2 Cents :D :D

Marzipan

One of the Regulars
Thanks so much! I guess I have a love/hate relationship with them right now, lol. Something I'm not used to is constantly checking to see if they look right. I'm not used to the high-maintenance. :)

LelaViavonie said:
Maripan... I think you look really pretty with your bangs.. I used to have them myself.. but the wind and I are enemys so I always was fixing them.. LOL no matter how much hairspray I put in them :)
Either way you are beauitiful!
Just my 2 Cents :D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot